Power window not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adicreed

Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm new here and this is my first post, but here's my issue. My 03 Renegades passenger window isn't wanting to go down. When I press the up button. You can hear it wanna go up, but when you press down it doesn't make any noise or anything. I noticed this about 3 weeks ago, it didn't wanna go down. But then a few seconds later pressing it it went down. Any suggestions? I'm pretty handy so I can get in the door or where the switches are and try and fix it, but I need to know what it is. Do ya'll think the connection in the switch has some how wiggled loose?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it does go down does it sound normal? How about when you raise it, does it sound like it's struggling to go up? If that all seems normal then I would definitely check the switch and maybe the electrical connector on the window regulator. Either one of those could be loose and cause a problem.

I keep seeing all these posts about window problems and can't help wondering when mine are going to act up. Hopefully not for a long, long time... :)

Oh and welcome to the forum!