power steering question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abubaca88

Reaction score
hey, im new here to the forum. first post.
well, for some reason my power steering only works while the car is cold, below the normal running temp.. but when i start driving and it warms up, the steering becomes a forearm workout when parking](*,) .. it started after the long snow here in washington (in which i had to drive in the snow a lot due to pizza deliveries). but yeah, just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this and/or what it could be or what i could do? is it an easy at home fix? i work at a NAPA store so i get parts cheap, that is, if i have to.

Thanks!

abubaca88

Reaction score
no, i havent yet. i tried the baster thing and putting atf+4 in there, since thats what i heard to from about 3 different mechanics... but there was still more i couldnt get to. i'll look into a flush. i just thought it was weird that it works fine when cold... oh well. thank you though! im looking forward to building a beast of my own. (it already does hella good stock, cant wait til lift and tires!!:D ),