Power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forums. I have an 'o4 Liberty and my power steering pump is leaking at the shaft. It only 70,000kms on it. Anyone else having similar issues?

Thankfully, I have the 5 year Gold plan:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem with mine......yet.

Good thing it will be fixed under the warranty.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power Steering pumps are fairly cheap and easy to replace. Seals go bad so I wouldnt be surprised if it was leaking.

Mine leaked alittle when it was new but its stopped since. Been around 20k since it leaked.

How many miles is that.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine leaked real bad and dumped fluid on the highway. Pump was fried by time I got into town. This at 115,000 km.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I went to the dealer today to have PS pump leak looked at. It turns out the PS pressure hose is the culprit, along with the water pump....oh and the boomarang looking control arm in the rear needs replaced too. This KJ has only got 42000 miles on it(73.ooo kms) that seems like alot to go wrong in that short of time. :rolleyes:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I 'm not sure exactly, all they said was they are replacing it. I don't think that will solve the problem though, but if they want it gone and they are paying, then I am not gonna argue.

WoodysKJ

Reaction score
They may be replacing it but that is HIGHLY suspect to me. I would not trust them on future repairs that will be OUT of warantee. They sound like thy are getting you ready to take advantage of you in the future. That rear control arm just doen't go bad like that. Is it making any noises?

How did they discover it has a problem?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I am not sure how and why they came up with this idea. It still didn't solve the noise I originally told them about. The noise is bad shocks I think. The shocks seem like they are outta fluid/gas whatever type they are(OEM).

In a road with small depressions, jst as the rear tires start up the last side of the depression, thats when it sound and feels like the whole body weight comes down ******* the rear axel housing via bumpstops.