Power Seat INSTALL?'s.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to swap the manual driver seat for a power driver seat? Is the wiring already ran?

P.S. I already know that I asked this ques in my heated mirror thread but figured I'd be more likely to get an answer under a new topic.

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to swap the manual driver seat for a power driver seat? Is the wiring already ran?

P.S. I already know that I asked this ques in my heated mirror thread but figured I'd be more likely to get an answer under a new topic.

Check over in the "How-To" section - there's a thread over there that Bluphant started something like 4 to 5 years ago, on swapping in power/heated seats into a KJ that was originally manual. I and a couple others have recently updated it with our experiences.

I'd say that most likely, given what I've seen with my 05 Sport, if you have a 07 Sport with manual seats you're in the same boat I was - none of the dedicated wiring for a power seat has been installed. On one circuit breaker and one fuse, who's only mission in life was to supply power/heated seats, no wiring had been run downstream of the dash fuse panel.

The good news - it ain't that hard to run your own wiring. I just finished today getting an 02 power and heated drivers seat installed and wired. You're only talking 3 wires from the fuse panel and a ground wire. Now, if you want to do a power and heated passenger seat as well, that's where it gets complicated - a ten wire harness that runs between the driver and passenger seat to run the heaters, plus you've got the Occupant Classification Module, weight sensing bladder, and other hoorah having to do with the passenger airbag to contend with - all mounted underneath the passenger seat.

To really prepare and make the job a lot easier, you'll need the circuit diagrams both for your present vehicle, and for whatever year KJ you can manage to get a set of power seats from - they went thru four different wiring configurations for power/heated seats from 02 to 07, and changed the color codes on the wiring at least once. If you go to the old DC TechAuthority website, 20 bucks will buy you a subscription for 24 hours, and you can print off wiring diagrams to your heart's content.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curently dooing the same mode as retmil46 (not so much spare time for the last couple of weeks so I've only managed to do 1 out of 2 seats sofar.)

Check the wiring harness under your driver's seat. If you have 4 wires running into the seat you are prewired for power seat and you only need a circuit breaker to power the seats. If not then follow retmil46's lead.