Power point

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skidplate

Reaction score
So why would you have a power point in the front of the vehicle that has to have the key on to work and one in the back that's on all the time?

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Both of mine are constant, plus I also have a cigarette lighter thats controled with the key.

I kinda like the one on in the back all the time, since it works good with my refrigerator that I plug into it.

Bennett

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the one in the back a lot too but once I forgot to unplug my fridge during the night and was stuck in the middle of nowhere in central British Columbia with a dead battery. Had to walk 1/2 a day to a ranch. Needless to say the oldtimer thought it was pretty funny that this city guy with all his fancy gear managed to do something so stoopid.

Marty

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of mine are constant as well, haven't used the back one for much, but I am glad that it is there.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 are seperate. They have a lighter, sperate power source, and ashtray under the climate controls. ( I believe they lighter/power source is on the left...ashtray on the right) On the 04's there is a power source on the RH side with storage pocket on the left under the climate controls. If you purchase the smokers package the lighter ties up your only power source up front and one of two cup holders.

Skidplate

Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer and I guess depending on who put your interior together you could have the power point either switched (like mine) or non-switched (like everyone eles's). This power point is to the right of the cubby. no smokers package, and one in the far back. My only option is to re-connect it so it's always hot. So I'm off to the wiring diagram...