Power loss .. turbo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Cruise control is about the only steering/engine connection, through the clockspring. Coincidence maybe.

Sounds like something triggered limp-mode.

Check transmission fluid level and add some. Some dipsticks bottom out and read low. Maybe it sucked some air during your side to side manuever. Automatic?

Gremlins?

I looked for a post on LOSTJEEPS that had photos of a disassembled EGR valve but the photos disappeared when the photobucket got kicked.

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
Check your air intake hose going from the airbox to the turbo; They rot a hole in the bottom of the hose near the turbo and change the readings from the airbox sensors. Check for rot holes in the intercooler hoses as well. Replace with silicon hoses if they're bad. There's a gadget with a tiny air filter between the turbo and passenger fender; check the little air filter and look on LOSTJEEPS for a test process for the gadget which is a turbo vane actuator (or something like that), they go bad. You can reach under the turbo and move the variable vane mechanism to see if it's moving freely. Do that on a cold non-running engine.

I doubt there's any problem with your turbo if there's no play on the shaft. A tiny bit of end play is OK.

ID Parts and Sasquatch Parts have almost anything you'll need.
Can you share pictures about your tips leak research please ? I am newbie at Jeep and french is my mother tongue ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0526.PNG
    IMG_0526.PNG
    137 KB · Views: 4
  • KJ CRD 2.8L auto front leak.jpg
    KJ CRD 2.8L auto front leak.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 4

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
I will check and clean.

Anyway autodoc.co.uk is very cheap :

You must be registered for see images attach

ERA Intake manifold pressure sensor​

Article number: 550734A

More info
£ 13,21 £ 13,21

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
So my garage changed the 4*12V with the 4*5V Herth+Buss J5710801 i have provided. He also change the oil from the transfer case 242 ( was very dark as i expected from last owner... )
Light service still running, but now i am always powerful when climbing roads...
So i consider this is sold, i spent enough money and time since 2 months ;)
;)

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
I will check and clean.

Anyway autodoc.co.uk is very cheap :

ERA Intake manifold pressure sensor​

Article number: 550734A

More info
£ 13,21 £ 13,21
After replacement orange light came back 5 mn later. The new sensor was already dark. Of course its located upper top side of the motor, crazy conception...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.