POP goes the ******....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it finally died! We bought this one July of 2010. Had almost 85K on it and the trans had never been touched. I flipped a coin as to dropping the pan and doing the fluid/filter, but REALLY don't like to touch them once they have a lot of miles as they have a nasty habit of failing soon after.

So the coin said "Drive it"

Well it died Monday afternoon. Started slipping and cooking. Had it taken to my trans guy. Yep it's fried, plus it needed a few hard parts where teeth were failing. And a new pan where NY salt was chewing on it.

Had a few "alterations" done as well while he was in there that should make it go a bit farther.

So how far did it make it on borrowed time?? 100,324 miles!! For a total of 184,664 miles on the factory fill !

Now to get the bodywork sorted and replace a few bushings...

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just think what might of happened if it had been maintained! i think that is good life considering factory fill!

SWilliams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it will get regular changes now. I'll probably run it 5K or so, pull the pan and change the filter, then add a drain to the pan and an inline filter on the return line.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If you got almost 200K out of the original transmission then you got your money's worth. :icon_lol: