poor drainage = flooding = fun with the libby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys

very heavy rain today and there was storm drain back ups and it flooded the one street at the bottom of a hill to where there was over a foot probably almost 2 feet of water. The KJ faired very well fording through it a couple of times. but when i was done i noticed my passenger floor soaked front to back. drivers side was ok. im thinking either hole in the floor or through the door sills. anyone else have any other idea that i can check out this weekend? thanks.

oh yeah it was funny watching little cars get stuck in the middle. some people r just too dumb. i love my jeep. stupid fire fighter closed the road and i couldnt go through it anymore. oh well i got about 5 passes through it. it was fun while it lasted.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, 5 passes? Sounds like alittle to much fun! The doors will leak if water gets over them. Thats just the way the drains work in the door. Its not the fact that the door seals are leaking, its just the door is filling up with water and its coming out of the plastic.. O:)

Take it easy and keep the water below the headlights! \:D/

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through one of the usual puddles produced by today's rain sending a fountain of water over my Jeep. Couldn't enjoy it too much though, I was surrounded by traffic. :-$

Fasto82, are you joining us at Paragon on Sunday?

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to cross some high water myself today. Baltimore County got hit pretty hard. A couple of places the water running down off the golf courses, farms and hills created 30 foot wide foot deep rivers rushing across the road. I felt kinda superior in my KJ. (whistle)

2003KJ

Reaction score
priell3 said:
I went through one of the usual puddles produced by today's rain sending a fountain of water over my Jeep. Couldn't enjoy it too much though, I was surrounded by traffic. :-$

Ohhhhh then it's even MORE fun. Soaking the other people is a blast!

I love water crossings and big puddles with my Jeep... \:D/

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Haha, 5 passes? Sounds like alittle to much fun! The doors will leak if water gets over them. Thats just the way the drains work in the door. Its not the fact that the door seals are leaking, its just the door is filling up with water and its coming out of the plastic.. O:)

Actually i was quite surprised when I had mine underwater last trip. I though it would have started leaking worst. Only got a tad bit of water inside. Half of came from me crawling back in dripping wet. It was well past the door seals, that is why I crawled out the window to get the strap.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eddo said:
jeepjeepster said:

Actually i was quite surprised when I had mine underwater last trip. I though it would have started leaking worst. Only got a tad bit of water inside. Half of came from me crawling back in dripping wet. It was well past the door seals, that is why I crawled out the window to get the strap.

I was wondering about that. You know what Im talking about with the drains in the bottom of the door though? Wouldnt that just bypass the door seals? Those drains go inside the door and then it would just leak through the plastic cover on the inside of the door?

We got you out of there fairly fast though. \:D/

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Eddo said:
jeepjeepster said:

I was wondering about that. You know what Im talking about with the drains in the bottom of the door though? Wouldnt that just bypass the door seals? Those drains go inside the door and then it would just leak through the plastic cover on the inside of the door?

We got you out of there fairly fast though. \:D/

I guess, but there is a white plastic weather seal under the plastic trim if you ever pull it off. Did get me out of there pretty quick, but it was still probably a good a minute or two of sitting in water well above the bottom of the doors. I was expecting worst. I'm not sure if much or any got in. It was hard to tell what was either me dripping or seeped in. I know my catch-all floor had a large puddle from me dripping off. BTW, my boots still have not completely dried.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eddo said:
I guess, but there is a white plastic weather seal under the plastic trim if you ever pull it off. Did get me out of there pretty quick, but it was still probably a good a minute or two of sitting in water well above the bottom of the doors. I was expecting worst. I'm not sure if much or any got in. It was hard to tell what was either me dripping or seeped in. I know my catch-all floor had a large puddle from me dripping off. BTW, my boots still have not completely dried.

Yea, I forgot about that white plastic.. It has a really thick tar type stuff holding it on too..

Haha, I saw you pour the water out of your boots.. \:D/

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had some flash flooding up here, I went thru about (guess about) 8" of standing water yesteday. Made some nice spray. I only went thru it once, but I did have a smile on my face. :)

-Blu