Please help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zip0154

Reaction score
HELP... Newbie here....
I've got a 2005 Limited.I have the budget lift form Rocky Road with the upgraded control arms. I ordered BFG 265/70/17 on 17X8 rock crawlers. The wheels and tires came mounted (no refunds) from4wheelparts.com. I explained to the salesman over the phone what I had as far a lift. Told him minimal rubbing. The tires came in and I put them on with the lift. So far i have flattened my pinch welds, cut what seems like half my front bumper off and I still have major rubbing. I have put about 100 miles on it, it's my daily driver. Any suggestions as to what else I can do? I really don't want to buy 5 more new tires. Thanks, and yes, I should have looked on here first, just didn't know this existed...

Midgear

Reaction score
where is it rubbing at? if you plan on keeping the tires, you might want to lift it a bit higher, or trim more off. its better to trim it off than rip it off going down the road!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since the RRO BB lift and your 5 year old sagging coils may have netted you about 1.5"-2" max of lift and the fact you got 8" wide rims with insane BS'ing there's not much you can do but get smaller tires or get a better full coil lift.

Personally I'd ditch the 8" wide rims and get some 7" wide rims with 4" of BS.But that will only do so much with 32" tires that needs at least 3.5"-4" of lift to fit without insane cutting(I know I ran 32" tires for some time).

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
b/c your coils are 5 years old and sagged out of their minds, you should look into getting new front coils (and maybe struts/shocks to pair with them). OME's and a set of rancho RSX 17505 (their still floating around) will lift your front end up and give you some clearance for those massive meats.

I am sorry the guy at 4wheelparts was an idiot, the guys at my store dont know too much about the KJ's either.

You gotta figure, you've sagged at least 1 inch in the last 5 years with stock coils, now you add a 2.5" spacer (i used the daystar first too) and that only nets you 1.5 inches. your KJ came stock with 29-or-so inch tires. that means your 2-2.5 inches bigger tires are screaming for more leg room.

OME/rancho up front. if you have the extra cash lying around, get the same set up for the rear to even it out. Skyjacker even makes a set of rear coils for the KJ as well. they have better spring rates and a longer warranty at a slightly cheaper price.

Latest posts

Members online