Plastic cleaning & More help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mak1965

Reaction score
I have a new 2007 Inferno red Liberty It has no chrome, so I think it is a sport, I am wondering about the plastic fenders and bumpers what should I use on them? also Where can I get a Hitch? I do NOT have a spot like others have where you just get the ball thingy and lock it in, so I guess I need the whole assembly? I see 2 threaded holes down there on each side, looks like I can get one and screw it in?? I hope someone can advise me! Also Am I getting a great vehicle? I seem to like it now! My Email is [email protected] ! Thanks! Mark

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are various products for cleaning your plastics i'm sure some of the people in the US can tell you brand names because they'll be different in the UK, towbar holes are in chassis already simple bolt on job and you can get wiring loom from dealers that's a simple plug and play ,connects behind rear plastic trim in cargo area.liberty or known as cherokee in uk is a great vehicle ,not without its faults as with all cars but a capable enjoyable ride.enjoy.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the plastic im using mothers back to black
Helps restore any fading and protects against the sun from fading the plastic.

The plastic does not have to be black either. Works well for me, that is the stuff i recommend

"Removes oxidation, ground in dirt, wax residue and surface film. Treated surfaces will look like new again and be protected against further oxidation or deterioration caused by sun, smog, ozone,water,chemicals, and airborne contaminants."

Last edited:

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back to black works for a couple days, and it needs a lot. your plastic will look new, but will then look worse once it wears off/away. it is expensive.

plastic is going to fade, regardless, applications just tease your eyes.

rhino line or lineX the stuff

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Meguiars Gold Class Trim detailer. It will wear off over time, but it seems to do better than what Ive used in the past.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I've tried the back to black, and as mentioned, it only lasts a couple of days. I then used the same Black Magic Tire Shine (foamy kind) that I put on the tires. That lasts a little bit longer, but still not as long as i'd like.

With that said, I bought a combo pack of that new Turtle Wax ICE stuff at Costco yesterday. Came with a bottle of the spray detailer for the paint (which can be applied to a hot surface in the sun according to the bottle), as well as a bottle of detailer for the plastic and rubber trip. Also included were a terry cloth for the spray detailer, and a applicator pad for the trim detailer. I plan to try both this afternoon after I wash it, and i'll let ya know the results in a few days :)

Latest posts

Members online