Pic request: Can I see some rugged Libby's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pookie

Reaction score
I am contemplating selling/trading my TJ for a Libby. My wife has an 02 Limited and after towing a car with that booger this weekend I have a new respect for them. With that said I would want one lifted with a more aggressive look. I'd like to see pics if you guys have them.

Thanks

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woh, =; step back gentlemen, I've got this one covered.

LOL JK JK but here mines =;

You must be registered for see images attach

lol Good times.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine looks kinda rugged now. If you like the way it tows, then I wouldnt get bigger tires unless you keep a spare set to tow with/go on long trips like I do.

If you do not get rear bumpstops, the size tire I have will rub when flexing the rear.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice... You had the same tires as I did when you got your KJ, 235/65 R17 with wrangler HP tires.. Look at the difference =D>

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I kinda liked jeepjeepster's Libby the way it was before. To me, the black wheels (which I don't like at all anyway) looks better on the "Sport" models with the gray plastic fender flares and bumpers. But that's just me! lol3.gif

Anyway, I hate to take this off topic, but do you have the rear end shock knock jeepster?

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
I think mine looks kinda rugged now. If you like the way it tows, then I wouldnt get bigger tires unless you keep a spare set to tow with/go on long trips like I do.

You must be registered for see images

c

If you do not get rear bumpstops, the size tire I have will rub when flexing the rear.

I always thought that color liberty looked kinda crappy, but let me tell ya, it looks damn good on yours.

=D>

nice pictures too!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
I kinda liked jeepjeepster's Libby the way it was before. To me, the black wheels (which I don't like at all anyway) looks better on the "Sport" models with the gray plastic fender flares and bumpers. But that's just me! lol3.gif

Anyway, I hate to take this off topic, but do you have the rear end shock knock jeepster?

Shock knock? What are you talking about? B/c I did notice something making a noise back there today. Didnt hear it before the tires. I only hear it off-road on gravels or a really bumpy road.

I still have those rims+tires hyedipin. Ill switch them out for summer or winter. Ill also switch for long trips or if im towing something b/c these things get awful mpg and take tons of torque away. The little trips I do around here dont matter with gas, but those long trips are a killer.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
does ur jeep still have the ability to float?...LoL (whistle)

Hahaha, I cannot believe you remembered that. I tried to find that pic but cannot. I have the one before the jacks were taken out.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Hahaha, I cannot believe you remembered that. I tried to find that pic but cannot. I have the one before the jacks were taken out.

no worries...i have the pic AFTER the jacks were taken out...since I was the one that "took" them out...LoL

now if that's not rugged...........I dont what is...LoL

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
jeepjeepster said:

no worries...i have the pic AFTER the jacks were taken out...since I was the one that "took" them out...LoL

now if that's not rugged...........I dont what is...LoL
Ha! Good times on JeepKJ.com! Thanks for the flashback... lol3.gif

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but how??? 8-[

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster was doing a tire rotation, and posted his Jeep on jackstands. JoN here, electronically altered the pic... removed the jackstands with software, and voila, you have a floating Jeep! lol3.gif

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
and check the one in the desert. :)
Wow, I didn't know my Libby was considered 'rugged' (biggrin) Heres another pic from that run:
http://members.cox.net/~corwyyn/co-11.jpg
Just remember that my suspension is stock for now (looks like I'll finally be getting a lift kit next month \:D/ ). Even stock you can go pretty far with good spotting and careful driving, but if you look at the skid and the lower right 'A' arm you'll see that I smacked a couple of rocks out there. Oh, and the boulder bars took some good shots as well (biggthumpup)

And I remember the floating KJ - hadn't seen it for a while but it's still a cool shot.
Ah Ha, found the thread: http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3012&highlight=#3012

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phil, as always.. Great!

Corwyn, thanks for the link, right, photoshop of course.. I went crazy trying to figure out where the lifts where, no shadow.. made no sense. :-#

2003KJ

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Phil, as always.. Great!

Corwyn, thanks for the link, right, photoshop of course.. I went crazy trying to figure out where the lifts where, no shadow.. made no sense. :-#

LOL!!!

Man I remember that thread clearly too. I agree, thanks for the flashback.

Here's a pic of mine on the beach last summer. It was BONE stock at the time (still had the good-for-a-year's on it).

HPIM0618.JPG

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Phil, as always.. Great!

wasnt photoshop ......he used the force...LoL

oh man..took me 10 minutes to take the jacks out, but it's providing endless entertainment....LoL

man....so old that thread is..I was still known as SiLveR