Photo of the inside of a 231 t-case I worked on today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Ok this has me a bit confused. Two shifters for front rear outputs. SO this must be a split case gearing. So you have the two speed for low and high reduction. Can you explain how the right and left work work in simple terms? Does each shifter have high/low on each?
It looks like the Rubicrawler only works with stock transfer case which defeats the purpose of looking forward to no chain with a much better case, but cheaper.
The twin sticks act just like your shifter now but with the twin sticks you have to move 2 shifters instead of one.In the pic I posted the left stick controls the front output(Hi,N,and low) and the right stick for the rear(Hi,N,and low).Basically twin sticks allow more user control for more technical rock crawling from the ability to use front low(rear in N) for what is called a front dig.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. One thing is for sure if I am on a trail, I wont be rock crawling in my little kj, but I would want you ahead of me cause I would break stuff right away.!
Rock Crawling is not for the faint of heart, and your rig is quite stout and purpose built!
Have you had any problems or broke anything trying the rock crawling with your set up?