Passenger water leak help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claggie

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Liberty. When I run it thru an automatic car wash, I am getting water in the passenger footwell close to the door. It appears to be coming in from the passenger door pillon. The water is under the carpet and close to the seat and the door.

Any ideas on where to check for the leak? I've already sealed the air filter intake and I'm fairly sure this is not my issue. I don't have any water under the glove box. The water is closer to the door and seat in about a 12 inch area.

Thanks.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most likely your sunroof drains are clogged.
There's a hole for the drain at each of the 4 corners.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you detract your sunroof glass so it is fully open, you'll see a small hole on the corner.

You can use compressed air through it or use something to snake it.
Someone here just recently used grass cutter nylon line through it to snake it.

You'll want to make sure to clean out any debris out of the sunroof area as well.

This is not from a liberty but it looks similar.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not sure about the rear facing drain holes but I think you might have to remove the glass to be able to see them. If you're using some sort of snake, you could prod and pray that you get it in the hole.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using some sort of snake, you could prod and pray that you get it in the hole.
I'm just wondering what happens if you get your snake stuck in the hole?

I picked the wrong day to quit drinking..
55634[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Carry on..:gr_grin:

Attachments

• Drinking.gif
    Drinking.gif
    461.6 KB · Views: 0