Part time light reversed???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was doing some wheeling over the T-giving weekend and I shifted into 4-Lo for the first time since I've owned the KJ. All was well, I went back to Part time and the "Part Time" light went out. I thought it went back to 2 wheel but it was still in Part time.

So I shifted down again to 2 wheel and the Part time light came on! So now, the Part time light is on all the time in 2 wheel and mechanically it shifts fine into 4 wheel, but the light goes out?????

Anyone else have this glitch? Any suggestions? IT just seems like the sensor reversed itself?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AtlanticLiberty said:
So I was doing some wheeling over the T-giving weekend and I shifted into 4-Lo for the first time since I've owned the KJ. All was well, I went back to Part time and the "Part Time" light went out. I thought it went back to 2 wheel but it was still in Part time.

So I shifted down again to 2 wheel and the Part time light came on! So now, the Part time light is on all the time in 2 wheel and mechanically it shifts fine into 4 wheel, but the light goes out?????

Anyone else have this glitch? Any suggestions? IT just seems like the sensor reversed itself?

Sounds like the t-case position sensor. Locate near the back-top of the t-case on the drivers side. It has a 2 wire plug attached to it.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T-Case Position Sensor Diagram

You must be registered for see images

This may help you locate where the switch is.

supercraig1

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. This sensor issue has just affected me as well. Is is a bad thing to just leave it?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No it will go out after a while, mine was on for two weeks threw it into 4 wheel drive half a dozen times , stayed on, then next time went off, too many worry like its a big deal or something, its called an idiot light for a reason:happy175:

Latest posts

Members online