Paper Air Filters- Intake Air Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see what you're basing this on. Wix was a subsidiary of Dana until sold to parent company Affina. Along with Ecolast, Nakata, and Filtron. They might actually build whatever line of filtration products Amsoil has their name on, but not the other way around.:emotions34:

NAPA filters; a exact copy of Wix simply relabeled.

Bob

AMSOIL WIX Oil Filter

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMSOIL simply sells Wix filters, as does O'Reilly, etc. They don't own Wix.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been using NAPA Gold air filters for a long while now in the KJ. Also have used Purolator in the past. I think both are good.

As to the Fram, I used to use their air filters sometimes in other vehicles years ago but not their other filters. Never had a problem with their air filters but that was many years ago.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a Hastings filter which is white for trial, to see how much blow by is effecting filter. No Purolator stocked here.
Napa Gold as seen to the left, (9 months old) seems thicker pleated, good filter for sure.
Not sure who makes Hastings, but it will do for now.
55149[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Jeep%20Air%20Filter1.jpg
    Jeep%20Air%20Filter1.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 0

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No recent exposure to Hastings, but they used to be top of the line.

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I changed an air filter that looked like it needed it. I generally just spring for the extra $10 and throw one in there every third or fourth oil change, well before it's really necessary.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I changed an air filter that looked like it needed it. I generally just spring for the extra $10 and throw one in there every third or fourth oil change, well before it's really necessary.
I haven't changed my air filter in my KJ but once and that was the 3 week of ownership going to the AEM intake.Going on 14 years and my filter still looks the exact same as it did when I took it out of the box.

Members online