Painting Rear suspension.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can paint the muffler, or even you should... Unless they are making super heat resistant paint. Maybe you can just file brush it?

Or just get a 'flow!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Mean lookin machine will sound mean too, eh.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Copied from LOST..

Why not? I dont start my summer job till next Monday and I was bored. We all know you do stupid things when you are bored.

Ive always wanted to paint it since its really the only thing thats rusty under there, so Im doing it! I wish I could do the front suspension but I just dont have it in me. I would need to do the clevis fork, lower control arm(may be able to do it while its on the Jeep), and spindle.

Took me around 2hours or so to get it all off. I plan on doing the A-Arm, axle, and lower control arms. Hopefully regular paint will be ok for the rear axle. It says it can be on surfaces that do not get over 200F and Im fairly sure an axle doesnt get that hot. The engine only gets around 210F or so.

Ill sand it all real good then lay down some primer. Next Ill put on a cost of regular rust-oleum satin black then Ill put some rust-oleum textured flat on it. I already had two cans of the textured and I couldnt find anymore of it at walmart tonight so I figured a coat of satin under it would be ok. I like the textured look and feel. I painted my front skid plate in it.

Kitty must check all the work I do:

Got the Lithium for the ebrakes. Ive heard some people have been having problems with them locking up, so Im going to clean them up good and put that on them..

So, who thinks Im over doing it? :lol: I sat on my creeper before I started wondering if it was worth it. Now that Ive gotten into it, I think Ill really like it when its done. As many people know, Im a huge detailing freak and often detail my engine and underbody.. So this will suit me good. Ill probably shoot some paint on the front of the lower control arms since I can see them when looking at the front of the Jeep. They are starting to rust some from mud and such offroad wearing the paint off I guess..

Your cat looks just like our kitty "Vegetable"

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done.. I didnt put shine on it all.. May do that alittle later..

You must be registered for see images attach

I forgot to get any of the upper A-Arm..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Job! Your jeep looks new now.
Next stop, muffler..... :)

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job!

I had my fingers crossed for red paint... but the black looks nice too! haha

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys FYI there is a nice product called por-15 it runs about $120 a gallon, awsome stuff and it will never peel off, I used it on my 79 Bronco restore project

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive heard very good things about Por-15. I paid around $10 for paint though.. Just cannot afford paying that much for something like that. I do good to get what I do..