P0700 and p740

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liron sasson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, i got the 0700 and 0740 faults in my 06 gas kj, also i have some problem with the alternator, while the car stopping it can cause a battery light and i saw 12.0V instead somthing like 13.8-14v while driving, one time i also got the P0562 fault,fluid(atf4 mopar) and mopar filter for the ****** every 48000 km, shifts grate and no driving problem, i saw some posts about this issue but without any solution.
Waiting for your help

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the ****** issue except maybe a solenoid issue. Need to get is scanned by a ****** shop. Does sound like the alternator is failing.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For charging issues first thing is know that you have a good battery installed.

Then check that the Serpentine belt is OK and correctly tensioned.
Check battery terminals are clean and tight.
Check negative battery cable going to chassis is clean and tight.
There are two motor grounding straps on the V6..from top of the heads to chassis..make sure they are clean and tight.

With engine OFF the battery voltage should be about 12.5 volts if charged properly and is a good battery.
When turning motor over the voltage across the battery should not drop below about 10 volts.
With engine at idle the battery voltage should be about 13.4 volts.

When I had problems I plugged my multi meter into the front power/cigar power outlet so that I could monitor the voltage while driving.

Otherwise it could be worn brushes inside the alternator or alternator is bad and needs to be tested by an Auto Electrician.