P0101 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

En4cr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a scanner on the Jeep today and it is showing this code. MAF. I cleaned it a month ago, but the CEL came on last week. Seems like I need to get a new MAF. At least it is easy to replace.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
Unplugging the maf will shut off the egr valve so that it's not sending soot back into the intake, where it mixes with the oil mist from the crank case, causing stuff to build up in the intake. When I had mine unplugged I really didn't notice it running any different but the boost sensor stayed cleaner. I am wondering if that isn't what needs to be taken out and cleaned?

pokesfan

Reaction score
Unplugging the maf will shut off the egr valve so that it's not sending soot back into the intake, where it mixes with the oil mist from the crank case, causing stuff to build up in the intake. When I had mine unplugged I really didn't notice it running any different but the boost sensor stayed cleaner. I am wondering if that isn't what needs to be taken out and cleaned?

Where can i find the boost sensor to clean it? Is it similar to the maf sensor & can be cleaned w/ a carb cleaner, air dried & placed back in service?