Oxygen Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace the O2 sensor(s)? If so, did you receive any error codes prior to knowing you had to? I am currently receiving:
P0137 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

And I'm guessing that this could be a bad O2, or going bad?

Thanks all!!

2003KJ

Reaction score
hmmmm...yall are both in Michigan too....with extremely cold temps in the winter....i'd have to wonder if the seriously cold temps are messin with the o2 sensors and giving you false readings, when theres really nothing wrong?

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While O2 sensors do go bad, when you get O2 sensor reports it is usually an indication of something else. O2 sensors usually last between 60K and 100K miles.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for making me feel better!! Yes it has recently started since the cold weather. This is the first time of seeing an error such as this.

I will continue to keep an eye on it, but I have not received any "Service Engine" or other instrument panel lights coming on.

Thanks again all

2003KJ

Reaction score
its gotta be the cold weather messin with things....i really have a hard time believing that an o2 sensor would crap out at such an early age.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally took it in to have it checked the the Stealership told me it would was:

O2 Sensor downstream (last sensor) in Bank 1.

They wanted to charge me nearly $150 for the install and O2 sensor. I laughed. Got one from my In-law for way cheaper...cheap cheap..and he had the tool to remove/install the O2.

Light is gone. My concern was with what would happen overtime. I was told that the O2 sensor sends back the exhaust mixture and tells the computer how to properly mix the air/gas. If it's not right it could mess up your fuel system, mileage, and vehicle performance.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
$95 for 1 hour's labor, $50 for the sensor. That doesn't sound wrong to me. :)

I guess they might take it tomorrow... hopefully I don't have to make an appointment.

cameoex

Reaction score
I had the same error code a couple weeks back, took it in and got the surprise of my automotive life. Turns out the the wiring for the sensor got knocked loose somehow and hit the driveshaft.

On a side note, On every Jeep I have had(2 TJs and the KJ), the O2 sensors have been replaced, sometimes multiple times per Jeep. How long are the sensors supposed to last?

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cameoex said:
I had the same error code a couple weeks back, took it in and got the surprise of my automotive life. Turns out the the wiring for the sensor got knocked loose somehow and hit the driveshaft.

I had the EXACT SAME THING! (Trouble code P0137, dealership telling me that the O2 sensor wires were rubbing on the driveshaft)

This was in my 2005 renegade, covered under warranty.

EDIT: Maybe not the exact same trouble code, but I could have just been not remembering it correctly. My thread about it on lostkjs

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 threw a P0158 code this afternoon
02 sensor voltage high bank 2 sensor 2
it's going in for service thurs. morning

cameoex

Reaction score
Se7enLC said:
I had the EXACT SAME THING! (Trouble code P0137, dealership telling me that the O2 sensor wires were rubbing on the driveshaft)

This was in my 2005 renegade, covered under warranty.

EDIT: Maybe not the exact same trouble code, but I could have just been not remembering it correctly. My thread about it on lostkjs

Yeah, that was one of the codes I was getting. P0137 and P0138. I may have to crawl underneath and take a look to see how it hit the driveshaft...maybe add a zip tie in there to keep it away.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I noticed it was beginning to become quite crappy, but I thought it was just cold weather fuel. It's still crap, but better than before, although nowhere near summer. ](*,)