Out with the old, in with the new

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAZDASPEED

Reaction score
My family has owned several Jeeps over the years. We recently lost our beloved 2000 Cherokee Sport to a collision a few weeks ago (hence the tires in the clssified ad).

You must be registered for see images

We've since bought a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport. Looking forward to many more years of Jeeping about.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Cherokee totaled? I would of bought that thing back and fixed it up. Not much wrong with it.

Would of made a sweet offroad rig at the least.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The XJ doesn't look that bad in the pic's unless the frame was bent or something. Looks like it was a nice Jeep. Too bad. Hope no one was hurt.

So, what options in the KJ?? It looks nice.

Congrats on your new KJ and welcome to the board.

Dave

MAZDASPEED

Reaction score
Yeah it took a pretty hard hit to the passenger side rear quarter. The door gaps on the driver side were off. The floor was buckled. She was rearended by two other vehicles that weren't paying attention at 65mph. We had thoughts of buying her back and playing around with it but we have too many other projects and toys. My wife who was alone in the car a tthe time of the accident is 7mo pregnant with our first child. She was sore but she and the baby are ok.

The Liberty has the alloys, fogs, Sirius radio, power seat, tint.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that rear rim is bent like aluminum foil... :( It was a nice looking jeep, although it looks more like 94 then 2000.. Maybe because of the hit it took.. but doesn't look like you took care of the paint much.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it took a pretty hard hit to the passenger side rear quarter. The door gaps on the driver side were off. The floor was buckled. She was rearended by two other vehicles that weren't paying attention at 65mph. We had thoughts of buying her back and playing around with it but we have too many other projects and toys. My wife who was alone in the car a tthe time of the accident is 7mo pregnant with our first child. She was sore but she and the baby are ok.

The Liberty has the alloys, fogs, Sirius radio, power seat, tint.

Just curious, if it was rearended wouldnt the back be messed up?

Glad the wife and baby are ok! :)

haha, hyedipin be making fun of your detailing skillz. :D

MAZDASPEED

Reaction score
It's funny you say that...I'm actually a detail freak. I get picked on for detailing my company cars....nd I've been known to wash and wax rental cars too! Actually the paint was in mint condition prior to that accident. What you actually see there is salt and calcium all over the body. There were no dents scrapes or rust. We live in Massachusetts and we have been getting hit with snow storm followed by deep freeze, then more snow, more freeze. She drives about 80mi a day so it can be difficult to stay on top of. But under all that crust was a mint Jeep. With 130,000mi we got over $5500 for it.

I think part of the reason it looks like a 94 is because of the damage and the steel wheels.

This ones from last summer, it's not a great photo:

This is from the summer before:

She was in the left lane in heavy traffic when everyone in front of her starter to lock up. The cars in front of her started diving left, she fllowed suit but got onto some ice and made light contact with the concrete barrier. As the cars infront of her came to a stop, the cars behind her slid on the same black ice and plowed into her rear quarter. I think prior to their impact, they had been to her right and veered left into her quarter.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, such a big difference, now I know. I guess that crash messed it up good, and it stayed there for a while. Rear looks pretty tilted on that first two shots. Otherwise, look at those pictures, very nice. Sorry to see it go.

MAZDASPEED

Reaction score
Not a Jeep, but it is off road in these pics, pretending to be a Jeep! Our other toy, a 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata (hence the screen name).

ride4lamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im actually kind of new to this area...know of any trails?

MAZDASPEED

Reaction score
Google Rutland State Park in Rutland. There was an old military prison camp out in the woods, we used to run out there quite a bit. Some of the access roads may have changed over the years but the main trails are the same. Leominster has some powerline access roads that we've run before.

Reaction score
welcome. glad to hear your family's ok. sorry to hear you lost your car. you'll love your liberty. and good job with the color picking. ive never seen that color before

MAZDASPEED

Reaction score
welcome. glad to hear your family's ok. sorry to hear you lost your car. you'll love your liberty. and good job with the color picking. ive never seen that color before

We really lucked out. Should have a pretty cool aray of colors in our driveway very soon:

2008 Imperial Blue Chevy Malibu
2007 Jeep Green Jeep Liberty
2005 Lava Orange Mica Mazdaspeed Miata

Members online

No members online now.