OTIS to EVIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lunch-box

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out here. In my 2002 L/E I had an OTIS. I recently bought a EVIC and installed with no problems, it went very smoothly. However I was under the impression that all the new functions would be compatible with the jeep such as the ability to change the unlock/lock features, how long the lights stay on ect. I have the menu on the screen, but the changes won't take. Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks Geoff

Lunch-box

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it should but when I change settings it never "takes" such as unlock all 4 doors vice unlock driver then the rest ect... Any thoughts?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah it is. I went through a BUNCH until I found a 2004 part number. Then everything worked right.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah it is. I went through a BUNCH until I found a 2004 part number. Then everything worked right.

but that is because you have a 2004, it is not an issue for pre 2004 models and even on the 2004 models the only issue is the ambient temperature, everything else will work fine.

The EVIC in my 03 is from a 2000 WJ, another is from a 2001 300C

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but that is because you have a 2004, it is not an issue for pre 2004 models and even on the 2004 models the only issue is the ambient temperature, everything else will work fine.

The EVIC in my 03 is from a 2000 WJ, another is from a 2001 300C
That was the EXACT problem I ran into. Everything else would work but the ambient temp. Then I accidentally put on ein that was a TPMS EVIC. Damn light still hasn't gone out, I'll need a DRBIII or Starscan to get rid of it.

Latest posts

Members online