Open circuit on #2 Injector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Bailey

Reaction score
On my '02 Jeep Liberty (3.7), I have a constant "open circuit" on #2 injector. This started when the #2 cyl. dropped the valve seat. I put on a new head and new pistons. Everything worked well, except the open circuit,(dead injector). I replaced all injectors and coils but no change. Anybody have any Ideas of what to check for this problem? It has a tan and orange wires, the orange is 12v, and the tan has no ground pulse.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you downloaded the 2002 Jeep KJ Service manuals? Section 8W has the Wiring Diagrams.

Check that this tan and orange wire is not grounding to chassis anywhere and each wire has continuity end to end!

I have seen posts like this where the wiring to the PCM is fine but the PCM had blown!

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Rick Bailey

Reaction score
Have you downloaded the 2002 Jeep KJ Service manuals? Section 8W has the Wiring Diagrams.

Check that this tan and orange wire is not grounding to chassis anywhere and each wire has continuity end to end!

I have seen posts like this where the wiring to the PCM is fine but the PCM had blown!

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/
I traced the wires like you said, they both check out. I ordered a new ECM , should be here next week. I tried one with a different part # but it only started but would not keep running. I'll let you know what the new one does!

Rick Bailey

Reaction score
Pou the new (to me, Used), ECM on my Jeep and get the same start and won't keep running. It has the same part # but a different sequence #. Does that have anything to do with these? Do they have to be programed to this specific Jeep? It runs on 5 cylinders with the original ECM, but it shows an open circuit on the injector #2. I don't want to keep dumping $ in ECM's. Any help!!

Rick Bailey

Reaction score
New ECM worked well, I had to get it programed to my VIN at a dealer, (they do like to charge you, $225 for 5 min.).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.