OME Lift - medium or HD for best ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpliberty04

Reaction score
Hello!

I've decided that I don't really need a 2.5" lift and see where OME springs are 1.5" and 1.75" which I like better. I'm going to use 245/70-16 tires and do some beach driving but mainly it's a daily driver and the lift is just for looks and maybe light trails someday.

What's the difference between the medium and heavy duty springs? Which one is better for the ride and will the lift height be the same for both? Should I use HD in front and medium in the rear or HD all round?

I already have OME shocks and struts as I was going to put a 2.5" lift on but plan to use them with the 1.5" lift instead.

Thanks!

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at an OME kit before the Rusty's group buy came along. I was told that if you're going to eventually get an ARB bumper and/or a winch, you needed to get the heavy front springs to compensate for the weight. From the description you gave of your "mission statement", I'd go for the mediums all the way around. Just my $.02 worth.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Heavy Dutys...even if I did not have the ARB I would still run the HDs the ride is great on the road, and if you ever do go with an aftermarket bumper it will handle it. Also you get more lift with the HDs, Oh can you tell i like the HDs?? \:D/