Ome 947 or 948

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by Loqmane, Apr 7, 2021 at 3:32 PM.

1. Loqmane

Loqmane Member

Hey guys, tomorrow I am going to junkyard to pickup some spring, I found some ome 927 for the front but cannot find the 948, I only found 947. What is the difference between the two? Is 927/947 a good setup ? Are the 947 a different size than 948 ? I do not tow, only dune "high speed" offroad

2. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

947s are more like stock rating, but give lift
    They are same size as 948s

3. Loqmane

Loqmane Member

Thanks That's good ! Do you think i would need the 948 in my case for offroading (jumps and bumps) ?

4. Loqmane

Loqmane Member

Tom always at the rescue ! Tomorrow is a big day, finally going to lift

tommudd likes this.
  5. tommudd

Good luck
    after installing you may need to add an extra isolator in the rear to level it out depending on how the front settles in after alignment etc.

6. Loqmane

Loqmane Member

Back from the junkyard, I took the front 927 with ome strut and the 947 coil springs for the rear. Unfortunately did not find shocks for the rear, is it okay to run the taller springs with the stock shock for now? If not I want to put some tj fox 2.0, good idea or not?

7. Loqmane

Loqmane Member

said tj for fox but not sure what fits actually

8. tommudd

Have to know model, size , mounting points etc

9. Loqmane

Loqmane Member

L
    Little update, I finally got everything mounted, I bought some fox 2.0 for the back, they were around 4 inches longer than the stock shocks when uncompressed. I bought them used from a small suspension shop for 120$ the pair, he told me they were for gmc trucks and grand cherokees, they seemed a little rough but I thought it would make up for the softer 947 springs.
    Everything is mounted and looking good, car drives great, i jumped it right after coming back from the suspension shop lool, there is a road ending on a gravel road and before it is gravel it goes down so I went flying from the road to the gravel, big difference in comparison to the stock shocks, I liked the way the fox worked too.
    Total money paid is 250$ including all the parts and labour, totally worth it imo.
    Didn't have the chance to actually offroad it yet. Here is some pics, i'll take more once it is aligned there is still some negative camber in the front

Attached Files:

tommudd likes this.
  10. Loqmane

Loqmane Member

Went on a quick dune drive for 20min and I am really impressed and really feel a big difference in comparison to the stock setup. I was always "bottoming out" on the shocks and was always at full compression when jumping or hitting bumps, now it really absorbs very well.
    Really happy of the way the fox shocks turned out too

tommudd likes this.
  11. Loqmane

Loqmane Member

Here are some more pics

Attached Files: