OK Now I'm Moving to China El Liberty!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree to the color bit--It needs to be a different color and it'd look better. I hadn't noticed the 8 grille slots either, but I still like it--except for that front bumper--they need to make it the same as the 02 KJs like it should be =]

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has 8 grille slots... I wonder if Chryco would sue if they put 7... :D

No.7=8 in Chinese........j/k......:D

I thought it looked funny, but I guess I didn't look as close as you did.

Come to think of it I know I saw a pic of the XJ's they are making over there and they changed the grill on it also.......can't remember where I saw the pic now. So maybe they have a thing for changing grills.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You do know that that China has been making Jeep knockoffs for years with permission from Chrysler right?

Heck in China you can still get a XJ.

Well... no, not really. It's not a knockoff. Chrysler sold them the tooling, they own the rights to it.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has 8 grille slots... I wonder if Chryco would sue if they put 7... :D

Big deal on 8 slots.I have seen various number of slots on previous generation cherokees, remember them? The shiny slots?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big deal on 8 slots.I have seen various number of slots on previous generation cherokees, remember them? The shiny slots?

Don't get me wrong... I just pointed at the "El Liberty" has 8 slots instead the 7 of the original KJ model...

I'm not saying nothing about a Jeep must have 7 slots to be considered as a proper Jeep... See?... The previous generations of ZJ, XJ or WJ just has nothing to do with my comment... Sorry... Perhaps my English isn't good enough yet...

Cheers :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... I just pointed at the "El Liberty" has 8 slots instead the 7 of the original KJ model...

I'm not saying nothing about a Jeep must have 7 slots to be considered as a proper Jeep... See?... The previous generations of ZJ, XJ or WJ just has nothing to do with my comment... Sorry... Perhaps my English isn't good enough yet...

Cheers :)

Yea, we agree. I don't think anyone mis-understood you. You just got the thread on a slot tangent. But that is one of the differences in the first picture.

Dave

jggv98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another one from China

I found another nice XJ

Attachments

• Chinajeep.jpg
    Chinajeep.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 20

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they were to offer this in the US, I'd buy it. I actually like the design of it over the one offered here previously.

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like one that's like this . . . .

With a bed that large enough to hold an upright refrigerator and has fold-down back seats with a back that opens so plywood sheets could fit in.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Can't see a LCA on either side....seems to have massive ground clearance compaired to the KJ....fender flares seem very large....

SFA????:eek:

Looks like it has Pre Runner potential! I buy on to just for that.:D

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

With a bed that large enough to hold an upright refrigerator and has fold-down back seats with a back that opens so plywood sheets could fit in.

Looks like another Hummer SUT. Useless! Can't even hold a 4x8 sheet of plywood without the tailgate down! Ford made something just as ugly and just as useless!
A vehicle designed and good for all the posers out there who wear high end mountaineering clothing, talk the talk but that's where it ends.
People crying out for attention... "Look at me look at me Look at me look at me" I'm an outdoorsman (Woman... Like my sister!)

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would buy that, it looks great. Pitch it!!!!
Although rear seating looks cramped, there is more room needed behind the C pillar.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's kind of practical. It's 4wd, large enough for the family, has some offraod capibilities, and a big enough bed for the weekend dumb run or items too large for the typical trunk.

Granted. If I had my way, they would put the '78 K-20 pickup back into production as it was in '78. But we all know that's never going to happen.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I think it's kind of practical. It's 4wd, large enough for the family, has some offraod capibilities, and a big enough bed for the weekend dumb run or items too large for the typical trunk.

Granted. If I had my way, they would put the '78 K-20 pickup back into production as it was in '78. But we all know that's never going to happen.

Like I said, that vehicle (If it's an actual vehicle and not some photochop image) is strictly a life style vehicle. For people who wear a Gore-tex parka and some name brand "Hiking boots" but never actually never make it off road or even hike for that matter. Just like my sister, a total poser!
A "Look at me vehicle" or another mall crawler.

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, that vehicle (If it's an actual vehicle and not some photochop image) is strictly a life style vehicle. For people who wear a Gore-tex parka and some name brand "Hiking boots" but never actually never make it off road or even hike for that matter. Just like my sister, a total poser!
A "Look at me vehicle" or another mall crawler.
Pst! I think the posers outnumber the off-roaders!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.