Oil options for 90k+ motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
That's right
Never dump your oil in the woods.
Always make sure you do it in a designated storm drain near your curb!

The NERVE of these people.
It never ceases to amaze
ThunderbirdJunkie
Some of the things they do

MickityMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a gunowner - I encourage confrontation.

And when I say woods, what I really mean is protected wildlife area.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A man after my own heart! Here's a tip - I ususally look for a spotted-owl nest to dump my oil on!

MickityMike and myself live where the Bald Eagles nest... once we shoot them down we pour our old oil on them and then throw rocks at the people who stop their cars on the side of the road to take pictures... :D

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
MickityMike and myself live where the Bald Eagles nest... once we shoot them down we pour our old oil on them and then throw rocks at the people who stop their cars on the side of the road to take pictures... :D

Pics or it didn't happen (biggrin)

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 quarts of Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 and a Mobil 1 EP Oil Filter every 5k for me.

I was using a K&N Oil Filter before Mobil 1 came out with the EP one. I'm sure was was paying too much for the K&N one, but I like the ease of use with the welded nut on the botton of it.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A man after my own heart! Here's a tip - I ususally look for a spotted-owl nest to dump my oil on!

I dump mine if the coffee at work....always a "Special" blend...

And then the remainder at the zoo, Sea World..

jk....

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of used oil.... The gas station here used to let anyone drop off used oil as long as they poured it into their tank and didn't leave empty containers and garbage laying around... Well they started charging per gallon of disposal. So i was stocking up on used oil for a while, i would refill the empty five quart jugs after an oil change with the used oil.

Finally a week ago i hear about a guy who bought a waste oil burning stove for his heated wood shop, so i go ask him and he asks me how much you got, and i say oh about five gallons, he says darn i was hoping you had like 100 gallons to top off my barrel but i will take as much as you can give just leave it by my shop door if im not around. So there, i have a new place to dispose of my used oil and its benefiting someone directly with free heat.

Now the next barter he is coming to get the old oil tank in my basement, converted from fuel oil to electric heat a couple years ago.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
The Valvoline near ThunderbirdJunkie's old work uses waste oil heating. That is where ThunderbirdJunkie's junk goes.