oil leakage from turbo hose to intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gian73

Reaction score
Hi everybody, anybody from Europe here? my kj 2.5 crd 2002 has a IHI turbo. Mechanic says that it is normal from this kind of turbo but before to go to another mechanic that would change my turbo, I need some other opinions from you.
(the turbo runs regular, no too high fuel consumption, no oil leak on garage pavement)
I really don't know if my Kj is "sick" or not...HELP sad2.gif

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find oil in the pipes too,its something i think we all suffer from,eventually the oil rots your hoses.nothing too worry about with the oil in there though.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
My subaru gets a little oil in its intercooler. I don't think it is anything to worry about as it just happens with turbo motors.

gian73

Reaction score
Hi, thank you everybody for very quick reply! This morning I have driven again my kj going to work; I checked the oil level once again after 20 mile drive, everything ok.

gian73

Reaction score
Hello Tony,
thank you for your welcome and sorry for my late reply, I am close to became father :D and my wife needs help and I don't have time to check the answers!
I'm from Italy, Turin but I am born in Genoa. I have brought my KJ to give my daughter a safety place in case of accident.
But let's talk again about hose before Administrator moves my post to another list. I have changed the hose from the dialer under warranty :) . The hose is stock original but the is no more relevant sign of oil. Has anybody changed this hose? If yes, any result or just a better style inside the bonnet?

Last edited:

gian73

Reaction score
I visit the samco's web site but I didn't find the Jeep category, anyway it looks tuning style and probably also useful too for sure more than my actual hose.
If I would ask other information, about steering pump ...for example, do I must to open another topic?

FloorMatt

Reaction score
Forgive me for resurrecting an OLD thread, but I figure that it is better to recycle!

Anyways, as I have posted elsewhere, I just got a '06 KJ CRD....and it looks like I'm having the same (or similar) thing happening.

(At dealer) Turbo intake hose was just changed because of a low boost code. The change of the hose then revealed something else: oil in the intercooler. (they also mentioned the EGR valve, but I have already seen that it's a typical "issue") So, that's going to be replaced.

I'm just wondering how it happens? Poor cooler design, resulting in failure? And what are the potential complications from that failure? I am not as mechanically-inclined as I would like to be, but I would like to fix that somewhat. :)

Latest posts

Members online