Oil changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elly

Reaction score
Every time I am within a 100 kms for a oil change, it starts to leak on the driveway. Strange to see, any one else have this trouble? Not really trouble but Strange.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, marking its territory?

Can you see where the leak originates?

Paul Dalby

Reaction score
Don't know if yours is a diesel, but my CRD does (or did) something similar - in that the oil thinned out every 3 -6 months and needed an oil change. In my case, over fueling diluting the oil, due to injector blow by - once injectors re-seated, thinned oil issue stopped. It increased an engine main crank seal leak and also caused the engine to burn oil which ceased with oil change.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Don't know if yours is a diesel, but my CRD does (or did) something similar - in that the oil thinned out every 3 -6 months and needed an oil change. In my case, over fueling diluting the oil, due to injector blow by - once injectors re-seated, thinned oil issue stopped. It increased an engine main crank seal leak and also caused the engine to burn oil which ceased with oil change.
A plugged "hockey puck" (CCV(?) on the cam cover/intake above the exhaust cam) can plug up and overpressure the crankcase causing leaks. There's also a drain hole in the camifold below the hockey puck that can plug.

The CRD oil drain plugs need a copper washer to seal properly. Threads in the cast aluminum pan get stripped out often. ID-Parts or Sasquatch sold regular hex-head pan bolts last time I looked or you can replace the plug with a Fumoto quick drain. Fumoto #102 for a pan with good oem threads or Fumoto #104 for destroyed threads; the #104 needs drilling and tapping. There's a recent thread "Oil Drain Plug" that I listed drill and tap sizes in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.