OH dear did it this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Years ago in KJ land all of the fan boys always had to have General Grabbers
Never could see why, but now I may
Just bought a set of the General Grabber A/TX with free Road Hazard in 265-70-16s
They had 100 off if you buy 4 now, ( well 100 VISA card )
so now we shall see ( when I get time to install them)

Last edited:

Mshack

Reaction score
Years ago, I would use those as my rear snow tires in the winter on 72 Chevelle and never ever did I get stuck. Loved those tires back in the day.

My ultimate tire, that I used, on my 00 f150 step side 4x4 was a Goodyear M/T, and I'm not even sure that's the right description but that tire on that truck would NOT get stuck! And believe me, I put it places most folks would not go, TRYING to get it stuck. NEVER could.

Mshack

Reaction score
This was in 2005...I sure don't remember the exact tire but M/T stands out in my mind. Had the most aggressive lug design I had even seen on a tire that I could still drive down the highway. A tad noisy but I sure didn't care. Loved those tires.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to an update from you, Tom. I'm in need of new tires on my 98 Ranger. My Destination ATs are about 2x their treadlife based on mileage. They actually don't look terrible... yet.

deltsigjames

Reaction score
I have about 20K miles on mine and they are wearing quite nicely. I think they will get more mileage than the 60K mile warranty.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You can burn rubber with them when they **** you off at the Taco Bell drive-thru and you decide to leave in a hurry. Just found that out tonight.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can burn rubber with them when they **** you off at the Taco Bell drive-thru and you decide to leave in a hurry. Just found that out tonight.
Now you are fully aware that I would never do anything like that or " burn rubber " LOL :) :) ;)

BUT, how do they do in snow ?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Never had a bit of trouble. Bought mine in January 2017 so I have had a few Cleveland winters to try them out.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, I think you'll love the Generals. I put a set on my WK2 about 6 weeks ago. Had them in the muck and sand getting out to duck hunting and fishing spots. They perform at least as well as the BFG KO2s they replaced and are much quieter on the road.

I got the same $100 rebate deal; just got the card yesterday in the mail

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, I think you'll love the Generals. I put a set on my WK2 about 6 weeks ago. Had them in the muck and sand getting out to duck hunting and fishing spots. They perform at least as well as the BFG KO2s they replaced and are much quieter on the road.

I got the same $100 rebate deal; just got the card yesterday in the mail
Sounds good !
Will be comparing them to the Duratracs and Falken Wildpeaks
glad I do not have them on yet, since alignment is out of whack due to a stupid DEER !!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tires went on today with an alignment
Tires run down the road nice, they are smooth, quiet and hang to the road
Today going and coming back from work ( 45 miles one way ) in the turns the KJ was trying to pass me in every turn due to the alignment being WAY off
Nice runs straight and true

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes its dirty , running backroads does that I have found

Overland03Liberty

Reaction score
Now you are fully aware that I would never do anything like that or " burn rubber " LOL :) :) ;)

BUT, how do they do in snow ?
They do awesome. I have pushed snow commercially for eight years with the that tire on a 3/4 ton and 1 ton single wheel pickups. They have done great pulled goose neck with backhoe and other heavy duty hauling for a pickup and held up great with there wear life. I have a set on my Liberty and have no complaints done great aired down on the trail. I’m thinking about running them on E350 4x4 Ambulance converted to a work vehicle. I’ll stand behind them though I’m eyeing those Falkin Wildpeak A/Ts they are pretty sick looking.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing I have found with the General Grabbers is their ability to pick up a few 57's after just a short drive on township roads
Then start up the road ( pavement ) and they start slinging out
Just one con so far
But of you are a pavement dweller then you're good
Problem is I am on 57 covered township roads daily
Oh and for those unknowing, 57s are a crushed limestone size , what most all roads like that are covered with in our area here

Latest posts

Members online