Official Roof Rack/Basket picture thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody know how to install a roof rack on a 2005 lilberty? the previous owner took them out and now i found a match on ebay i just wanted to know if you guys had any experience on taking them out or installing them?

Thanks

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
anybody know how to install a roof rack on a 2005 lilberty? the previous owner took them out and now i found a match on ebay i just wanted to know if you guys had any experience on taking them out or installing them?

Thanks

You mention that "the previous owner took them out"? and you "found a match on ebay"
Are you referring to the "Factory mounted roof rack" or a cross bar system?

If it is the latter, than what rack system do you have?

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rack or the rails? Pretty easy job if it is just the rack. Here is my setup, Cross rails are galvanized unistrut with a black widow roof rack. Haven't had a chance to paint them yet but I have a textured spray that is "nonslip" to give them a more rugged look.

You must be registered for see images

Sorry about the Christmas Pic, that is the only one I could find right now that has a full picture. :eek:

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean the one that goes from front to back. the factory installed not the one you can install. the one that directly installs from the roof metal. I called the local jeep dealership they said its called a roof rack. :confused: So which is which? roof rack or roof rail? Tomato tomAtO :D:D

jeepdaddy65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The unistrut was a good idea. I didn't think of it. I've been looking for something that would support my 12ft. aluminum Jon boat, I had one of those, Why didn't I think of that moments, when I saw the unistrut.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The unistrut was a good idea. I didn't think of it. I've been looking for something that would support my 12ft. aluminum Jon boat, I had one of those, Why didn't I think of that moments, when I saw the unistrut.

I got the idea form a guy on the LOSTKJS website named Warholamo, so I gave him credit in my signature. Price total is under $20. I am in the process of painting all the parts right now. I will have pics up this weekend.