OEM front skid plate swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know. That the OEM front skid plate from an 02' will fit perfectly onto a 04'. As I just got around to swapping mine from my dead 02' onto my alive 04'. Just a word of warning... The original bolts will work fine on the front of the skid plate, but the rear ones wont screw in all the way. You have to use shorter bolts on the rear attachment, for some reason...
My 04' didn't come with the skid plate, not that I drive it off-road. I just like the idea, and wanted to protection it provides. I can't provide any information about the swap, on other years of the KJ.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know. That the OEM front skid plate from an 02' will fit perfectly onto a 04'. As I just got around to swapping mine from my dead 02' onto my alive 04'. Just a word of warning... The original bolts will work fine on the front of the skid plate, but the rear ones wont screw in all the way. You have to use shorter bolts on the rear attachment, for some reason...
My 04' didn't come with the skid plate, not that I drive it off-road. I just like the idea, and wanted to protection it provides. I can't provide any information about the swap, on other years of the KJ.

Yes they will all swap over, on some have to slightly modify but nothing major