Noise's again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liron sasson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Its crazy! I have the same noise since i bought libby 3 years ago
2.5" lifted with 235/70/16
I have knocking noises on holes and sometimes on bumpers coming from the left wheel.
I replaced: stabilzer links and bushings,LCA bushings,new bilsteins 4600+shock mounts and also the coil isolators,4 differential bushings and also wheel bearings, what else can cause it?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ball joints. Jack up the Jeep and support the frame rail behind the front wheel on a jack stand. Take a crow bar under the tire and pry up. If you see any up and down play at the lower ball joints or hear any noises from them, they are toast and need replacing. You may also be able to get noises from the upper ball joints by gripping the tire at 12:00 and 6:00 positions and shaking. The uppers seem to need replacing more often than the lowers in my experience but either one or both may be toast. Also note, if the ball joints are good but the tire wobbles using the shake test, your wheel bearings are probably bad. (I see you already changed your wheel bearings but I put that in for others who may read this post.)

liron sasson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ball joints. Jack up the Jeep and support the frame rail behind the front wheel on a jack stand. Take a crow bar under the tire and pry up. If you see any up and down play at the lower ball joints or hear any noises from them, they are toast and need replacing. You may also be able to get noises from the upper ball joints by gripping the tire at 12:00 and 6:00 positions and shaking. The uppers seem to need replacing more often than the lowers in my experience but either one or both may be toast. Also note, if the ball joints are good but the tire wobbles using the shake test, your wheel bearings are probably bad. (I see you already changed your wheel bearings but I put that in for others who may read this post.)
Also lower ball joints are new moog
Upper jba

liron sasson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked it thanks friend

Jeremy6305

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have knocking noises on holes and sometimes on bumpers coming from the left wheel.
I replaced: stabilzer links and bushings,LCA bushings,new bilsteins 4600+shock mounts and also the coil isolators,4 differential bushings and also wheel bearings, what else can cause it?
control arm is hitting the spring

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Its jba arms..what else should be done?
At 2.5 inches the springs should not be getting close to the JBA UC arms
That only happens when going up over 3.5 or possibly 3.25 inches so unless you are that height , no that is not the noise

The springs you are using on the front , what are they rated at ?
For example OME 927s are rated at 400 lb

For example Rustys had front lift springs that were rated same as stock, in no time they weakened and would allow the front to bounce clear down on bumpstops since this kid had not installed teraflex one, making a banging sound in front. Then it came to me to find the source and repair

Jeremy6305

Reaction score
At 2.5 inches ?
No
Maybe mistaken on the 2.5 lift. A `1-3/4" spacer adds close to 3" and a 3/8" plate will add another 9/16th's for around 3.5 of lift so if you are not considering the actual lift height and just spacer thickness. idk good luck

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe mistaken on the 2.5 lift. A `1-3/4" spacer adds close to 3" and a 3/8" plate will add another 9/16th's for around 3.5 of lift so if you are not considering the actual lift height and just spacer thickness. idk good luck
Someone should of mentioned that fact sooner
plus a 1.75 inch spacer ,,,,OUCH ,
who in the world suggested that ?

liron sasson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 2.5 inches the springs should not be getting close to the JBA UC arms
That only happens when going up over 3.5 or possibly 3.25 inches so unless you are that height , no that is not the noise

The springs you are using on the front , what are they rated at ?
For example OME 927s are rated at 400 lb

For example Rustys had front lift springs that were rated same as stock, in no time they weakened and would allow the front to bounce clear down on bumpstops since this kid had not installed teraflex one, making a banging sound in front. Then it came to me to find the source and repair

that's what I found =)
thanks tom

liron sasson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think its 51-100 kg extra (I have the HD version)

Jeremy6305

Reaction score
Someone should of mentioned that fact sooner
plus a 1.75 inch spacer ,,,,OUCH ,
who in the world suggested that ?
Did not suggest that but I went with the budget lift from RRO and had some bumping until I changed control arms.
It is a lifted off-road vehicle it is not going to be silent going over bumps and potholes.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did not suggest that but I went with the budget lift from RRO and had some bumping until I changed control arms.
It is a lifted off-road vehicle it is not going to be silent going over bumps and potholes.
Sorry, have 3 of the RRO budget lifts laying in the junk pile that I removed and had to replace a lot of other worn out parts due to the lift, customer had it on less than a year . I then installed a OME lift for him, and no issues in the last 6 years

A lifted vehicle is noisy ?
Come take a ride with me

Pt420

Reaction score
Hi guys

Latest posts

Members online