newbie questions about a 2004 liberty limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bellerACR

Reaction score
i just picked up my wifes 04 limited yesterday and i saw there was not a mauel in it. so i am woundering what maintance should i look into doing . it has 33,600 miles onit. also i ask the dealer if there was any open recalls on it and they said no. does the 04 have bad ball joints to. thanks in advance

rainjer

Reaction score
Double check you glove box. It is in a slot at the top of the glove box. My wife & I missed it the first time we looked.

bellerACR

Reaction score
thanks i found it i did not look very close the first time. i read it and it judt gives the regular stuff as check this and that. i found on one of the forum that the trans fluid and 4x4 fluid should be changed?

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ball joint recall didn't start till the first week in Sept. and they are still short on balljoints for all the rigs (880,000 sets) so if you don't see brand new lower ball joints under there, get them.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said you got it from a dealer?

I can't tell what State you are in but I know that in NY it is AGAINST THE LAW for a DEALER to sell any vehicle new or used with an open safety recall not performed. So you could take it to the dealer and double check.

The other thing you can do is go to the jeep.com website under warrenty and recalls and there will be a place to put in the last 8 didgets of your ser # and it will tell you. Then you can look at the lower ball joints and see if they look new.

Hope this helps.

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
iluvmyliberty said:
Congrats on the 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited.. that is by far the best year and model!! LOL

Haha, correct!! 04's beat all other models by far! \:D/ (whistle)

Well i'm gonna go off the wall here and say that 2003's are the best year, but thats just my humble opinion....

Definately look into the ball joint issue....it affects 95% of KJ's on the road today.