newbie question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ought6

Reaction score
i got my 06 liberty a few months ago, its getting to be time for new tires and I want something thatll be better for winter and also make it look a little more rugged.... my liberty is entirely stock and im trying to figure a wheel tire combo that work. my question is if these will work together under a stock liberty? .... I do have a bit of a budget

Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels 15"x8" 5x4 5" Set of 4 Fits Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ | eBay

4 New 235 75 R 15 Goodyear Wrangler Radial All Terrain Tires 75R15 R15 2357515 | eBay

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
i got my 06 liberty a few months ago, its getting to be time for new tires and I want something thatll be better for winter and also make it look a little more rugged.... my liberty is entirely stock and im trying to figure a wheel tire combo that work. my question is if these will work together under a stock liberty? .... I do have a bit of a budget

Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels 15"x8" 5x4 5" Set of 4 Fits Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ | eBay

4 New 235 75 R 15 Goodyear Wrangler Radial All Terrain Tires 75R15 R15 2357515 | eBay

Wheels are too wide to begin with stay with 7 inch wide wheel
next if going away from stock backspacing and no lift you're going to run into issues with lots of rubbing
Goodyear has better tires than that out there if looking for a good overall tire for winter and summer

What part of Ohio?

Last edited:

ought6

Reaction score
so should I just stick with the stock sized rim then? would 15s fit around the brakes? and what are some reasonably priced all terrain tires? thanks

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consensus is that 15s will not fit around the brakes. Soft 8s will but the backspacing will cause rubbing issues. Without lifting, from what I've read around here, stock wheels (yours or from another liberty) will be the best bet.

For reasonably priced tires in 16" size, look at Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10, Cooper Discoverer AT3, General Grabber AT2, BFGoodrich All Terrain TA KO and the price goes up from there.

Members online