Newbie KJ lift question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sirthor1881

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been reading up on the Frankenlift, the only difference is they come with some special spacers for the struts right?

I was planning on Rancho 17505/OME 927-front.
Rear Rancho 17004/OME948

I also will probably get the terraflex bumpstops, or just some rubber mallets...

Is there anything else I would need?

Sorry for the newbie questions....I read up on the FAQ....I just want to make sure that all this stuff will work before I order it.

Thanks in Advance.
Richard

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Richard

Only differences in the Frankenlift's is what shocks they provide, all have the same spacers etc.

Frankenlifts come with the Heavy Duty springs so you get the 927s/948s.

Teraflex bumpstops are for the front,

rubber mallets cut in half is what some run in the rear, hockey pucks work as well or better I think since they are a little bigger around. Either way you should drill a hole through them and the spring perch and bolt them down.

Tom

Sirthor1881

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I just wanted to make sure before I ordered anything. I added everything up and from what I can tell it seems cheaper to buy everything individually, instead of the Frankenlift kit. Is it more just because it comes pre-assembled? From what I have read the Ranchos seem to be better than the EMO stuts? Any truth to this?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
The Frankenlift comes with the special poly spacer up front, all other components can be bought separetly except the spacer...that's what makes it a Frankenlift.

And yes, the Frankenlift can be purchased with different shock packages.

Members online

No members online now.