New Tyres

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well finally got some AT's for my 16" wheels was heading towards the Bf goodies or the toyo open country but fate steered me for the Goodyear at,s as my m8 said he could get some cheap as the a tyre supplier had contacted his garage and offered him great discounts on Goodyear and Pirreli. So got em mounted up and ready to go , jeeps in for some paintwork on Sat so i may stick em on after that or i may wait til the temp drops and they start gritting the roads as i dont want my 17" getting eaten alive by the salt.Jeep lacquer finish on wheels is the worst ive ever seen from any motor company .
I will let you know as i use them in different conditions how they perform ,going up to the Lakes again in Nov so will get to use them off road.And i'm praying for deep snow .

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not even reading this topic since I don't see no pix. :)

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics

Pics of new tyres for winter and trails, will fit then onto car in next couple of weeks.And let you know how they fair in different situations.
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look good for your intended use.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always liked those tires, n/a in USA.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paid £35 each free fitting and free balancing . I will let you know how they cope with winter trailing ect.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well changed wheels over yesterday as gritting will be starting soon, ATR's are a bit noiser than stock ,only been up to 40 mph so far, i can tell the difference but my partner cant. Rained tonight and i must say the seem good in the wet was trying to get the back end to step out but they soon gripped again so no worries there. Hoping for loads of snow .Going on some trails in november so i will see how they cope.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are some cool tires, have fun with them and post more pics from the off road in Nov. if you would. I too am aniticipating a lot of snow this winter, it is my first with the Jeep. :D

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got back from trip to the Lake District ,did a spot of trailin and i must say i'm well impressed with the Goodyear ATR's ,on wet leafy roads they offered perfect grip of road on rocky trails they kept me going with no worries and even did well in a muddy field. Bit of road noise compared to my other tyres but it was to be expected as these are 50% road 50%off road but not obtrusive.Fuel economy hardly noticeble but i think i lost a few miles out of a tankfull but not many. In last pick saw some Goodyears do you think the would rub!!!!!
21646[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

21648[/ATTACH]"]

21650[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• CIMG0187.jpg
    CIMG0187.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 0
  • CIMG0185.jpg
    CIMG0185.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
  • CIMG0182.jpg
    CIMG0182.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you will need just a little trimming with that last tire......haha

Tires look good and beautiful scenery.

I also didn't notice much difference in gas mileage on mine when I switched from the goodyears to my A/T's. I did stay with the stock size on mine. (put on 235/65/17 Hercules Terra-Trac A/T's) The gas mileage difference was barely noticable. Ride was still good and road noise is low. I think the A/T type tires are a good compromise for a dd and pretty good in snow or off road.

Looks like my antenna is where your side repeater is. Is the antenna built into the windshield on the Euro models?

Dave

Last edited:

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The antenna is built into the rear drivers side(your passenger side) glass in the cargo area.Just hoping for lots of snow this winter to make them earn their keep.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The antenna is built into the rear drivers side(your passenger side) glass in the cargo area.Just hoping for lots of snow this winter to make them earn their keep.

That's a neat idea. I wish our antennas were in the rear pass side window and we had repeaters....

Anyway, you should be fine with those ATR's in the snow. It'l be here soon enough.

Dave