New to KJ forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markc

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Just found this forum, and love it. Glad to know there are other KJ ers out there. Looking forward to learning a lot.

Top of Engineer Pass in Colorado, and the desscent towards Lake City Colorado July 2011

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics, love the jeep. What type of lift do you have and what size tires are those? Oh and welcome, this is an awesome forum, lots of knowledge and experience from the guys on here.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Mark.

Nice pics and jeep.

Dave

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
(welcome)

Your first picture reminds me of Black Bear Pass in CO.

markc

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. The KJ is an 06. So far what I've done is a rocky road lift (2.5"+3"), Goodyear Duratrac LT 245/75/16, 3 piece skid plates, Magna FLow exhaust, KN air filter, Arb front bumper, Yakima roof rack cross bars, KC lights.

Those pics are in the San Juan mountains in S/W Colorado. If you have not made that trip, you simply must go at some point. The trip includes the Alpine Loop which itself is 65 miles off road. There are numerous side trips and the trails are rated easy, moderate or difficult. Difficult rated trails are pretty scary, and most of the moderate trails are tons of fun, with some tricky narrow shelf roads and steep climbs.

Yellowcoyote, Black Bear Pass is about 13 miles south of Ouray. We stayed in Silverton again this year, and never ventured very far north, except to take county rd 7 to Clear Lake and Bandora mine. Next year we stay in Lake City and head out from there.

Parked at the Buffalo Boy Tram House mine.

Members online