new to jeeps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zjmister

Reaction score
Hey, I am new to jeeps...just picked up a 94 zj with a dana 35c rear axle...I have another parts jeep zj 97 with a dana 44 trac lock diff. I am thinking of pulling the 44 and rebuilding the trac lock and switching out the axles...same 3.73 ratio....does this sould like a good idea?

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am new to jeeps...just picked up a 94 zj with a dana 35c rear axle...I have another parts jeep zj 97 with a dana 44 trac lock diff. I am thinking of pulling the 44 and rebuilding the trac lock and switching out the axles...same 3.73 ratio....does this sould like a good idea?

Dana 44 > Dana 35. I don't know about the trac locks in other Jeeps but the ones in Libertys are sub par. Depending on what you will use the ZJ for, I'd throw a real locker in there. All kinds of options for the D44.

Welcome to the nut house!

We will need to see some photos of said ZJ tough... ASAP.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome,Dana44 is a good axle,a real locker is much preferred to a limited slip.

Latest posts

Members online