New to Jeep - Thinking about buying my first

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slipperybrain

Reaction score
Hey everyone...total noob here. I almost bought a Liberty a few years back but was still in college and couldn't afford one. My Mazda is costing too much, so I thought I would come back to what I originally wanted. I like the newer box style from the '08-up and I think I will look from that year on. I was just curious what are the major differences between say an '09 and an '11? Really any year from 08-11 would help. I am thinking about a new one because of the warranty but if I can get close to a full warranty on a '10 or an '09 and they have similar features, body style, trac system, mpg, options, etc. then I may get a used one.

Any help is appreciated guys...also and a dumb question to you all...what does a KJ, KK mean. I understand they represent the years of the liberty, but didn't know what the letters stood for. Thanks everyone.

slipperybrain

Reaction score
I have seen these features so far....

The 2011 Jeep Liberty adds these standard features: cruise control, Jeep-branded steering wheel, upgraded interior trim, and an optional navigation system with traffic, fuel prices, and weather updates. The entry-level Sport is expected to be the big seller, claiming nearly three quarters of sales (other lines are Limited and Renegade).

Eddie Burke wrote: “The 2011 Liberty is at dealerships now. The main differences are the new steering wheel which has a thicker, better feel, with Bluetooth controls. There is new gunmetal trim on the door panels
surrounding window/lock buttons; the same gunmetal finish is on the steering wheel. Instead of a textured silver dash appliqué, it has a dark faux wood trim, which also surrounds the shifter and 4 wheel drive system switch. The navigation system is now the Garmin 430N system.”