new to forums and new to the liberty.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am now to the site and just wanted to say hello to everyone who reads this. My name is james and I am from Ypsilanti Michigan but im now living in Kokomo Indiana.

I just picked up a 2006 liberty sport special edition 4x4.
3.7L v6
4 speed auto VLP 42RLE trans
command track HD-part time 4wd system
trailer tow group
running on stock p235/70r16 owl all terrain tires

Color: silver metallic gray
graphite fascias
chrome body molding
graphite fender flares

So far i have 730 miles on it I am impressed with everything so far.

I only plan to mod it a little.

I am looking for some kind of front bumper light bar so I can mount some big lights on.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi James and welcome to the forum'

Oh, and congrats on your new KJ.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site..
Marlon is from your original 'hood ;)

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well since i picked up the jeep I have been driving a lot. I was over the 3000 mile mark yesterday by 265 miles and stoped at a local oil change place in Terre Haute Indiana. topped it off with fresh oil and a filter and off I went on my 130 mile trip back home.

This past week I have been on the road for about 20 hours total. I put on about 1000 miles this week driving the south western edge of the state.

I have just about 3700 miles on my liberty now and they will continue to increase.

Next week is gonna be busy as well looks like I will be driving about 900 miles.

The only good thing is I get mileage from my company. I already have enough to make my first payment.....

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the jeep is about 6 months old and is close to hitting the 20k mile mark. After this week i will rack up at least another 600 miles on the road.

Everything is holding up well.

The only problem so far is, a scratch in the passenger front door by the handle. I have no clue how it got there. it almost looks like someone missed the door lock with a key. I just noticed it today since I never open that side of the jeep.

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update on the jeep.

Well In the two years that I have had the jeep.

Nothing has gone wrong with the drive train or electrical.

The only thing that is wrong is the fog lights. Both are cracked and one has water in it. I just need to buy a new clear lense or a new light. If I have to buy a light then I will just wait until it fires.

I am over 73k now and I am still on the orginal tires/brakes.

I plan to get new tires and a brake job next spring. I still have tire life and no bad braking noise.

-James

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am up to 84,450 miles now.

Still running strong. I did have the plugs changed at 73k but Everything is still stock, tires/brakes...

I do need to buy a windshield and fog lights. All Are craked due to trucks kicking up large rocks...

The interior needs a bath/power wash.

I plan to add a roof rack and the tires and a complete brake job in the spring. I might push it to see how many miles I can get out of the OEM tires.

-James