New Running Lights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The indicator lights made a small hole in that small removable panel. I thought hay its a small piece I doubt it cost much if I F it up.. Looks good.

It took me some time to get the wooden switch holders to fit. I had to sand and sand it down so it would fit tightly.

I also had to macgyver the switches turning them from momentary to on/off. Zip ties and super glue.. =D>

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chaz0_man0 said:
I also had to macgyver the switches turning them from momentary to on/off. Zip ties and super glue.. =D>
I kinda want to know how but I think I'm more afraid to ask :-k kopkrab.gif

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the Red switch below you can see the white momentary switch attached to the bottom of the unit.
You must be registered for see images

I removed this and cut off the legs that attached the momentary switch. Now all that is left is the Red push button. Now the push button had two prongs on the bottom that would activate the momentary switch. I took a part of a zip tie and superglued across the prongs like a little bridge. Then I took 2 lengths of zip tie and glued them to the bottom of the unit like little legs straddling the other bridgelike zip tie. In between the two foot like zip ties I superglued a on/off push button switch. Button finished... Lots of extra work for a button.. But I like the look...

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd Prong

Probably a ground prong seeing as it looks like an all plastic housing.

TRAILN said:
Does it light up? What's the 3rd prong for?

I can think of some great places to mount it but you will need do drill in some no so good places

superspeckman

Reaction score
Re: 3rd Prong

valvestem said:
Probably a ground prong seeing as it looks like an all plastic housing.

TRAILN said:
Does it light up? What's the 3rd prong for?

I can think of some great places to mount it but you will need do drill in some no so good places

It's a Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) switch. One "prong" is common, one is normally open (NO) and one is normally closed(NC). Hook the wire up for whatever application you need (open or close the circuit).