Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just introducing myself but haven't made up my user profile. But here it goes Jeep liberty 02 limited 2wd. No upgrades but the TV's and dvd player. I been looking through this website and love the lifts on the libby's. Wow, I would like that, even though I cannot go off roading. Just for looks I read that the Rusty's are good but not that good in the shocks, now, does that mean off roading or normal pavment. I'm looking for something not that expensive that will give me a very smooth ride and durable. Cause right now it seems to be hard off the bumps and jittery. Oh yea would it look okay with my tires. Firestone destination LE 235/70/16. I wouldn't like it to look like my tires shrank. thanks all the advice would help

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can have Rusty's upgrade the shocks when you order. It's about $50 more, I think. Those tires will look a little small but, not too bad, probably. Just get bigger ones after your current ones wear out, if you think they look small after lifting. Rusty's lift will definitely stop the bottoming out on bumps and stuff. Welcome to KJ Country. :)

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh I forgot Here are my pics

Attachments

• IMG_1123 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1123 (Medium).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1124 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1124 (Medium).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1125 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1125 (Medium).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1126 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1126 (Medium).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 26

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's one nice clean white KJ. I am sure you've been enjoying it.
Is that Audiovox LCD Display mirror? I wanted to get that, to hook up rear view camera, but since I already have auto-dimming mirror, I decided not to get that. Didn't you get the camera hooked up to it?

You must be registered for see images

and WELCOME to the site! Lift would look great on that jeep.
Let us know what you end up with!

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I love the colour of that liberty, wow, anyways welcome to the site

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks thats a SAVV, no camera just DVD player, thanks for the pics, there great they give a good idea thanks I just might go that way. thanks everyone for you support

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, (welcome).

Now forgive me for getting on a soap box on you're first post, but I have been run off the road twice on two different occasions by drivers who were watching movies on their rear views... Please tell me you don't do this while driving!!!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! I am sure you will find a lot of information at this site. If you cannot find something then someone will be able to help you out. I like the screens in the seats, looks nice.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey rhy, welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll soon discover that tame black hole that lives in every Jeep and loves to suck money into itself :p

Wow, I would like that, even though I cannot go off roading.
Throw a locker in the rear end and you might be surprised!

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading on all the locker forums and fortunately, I remember my extra package that I have when I purchased it and still have it. I have a trac lok differential, isn't that the same thing as a locker?

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay if I get it correctly, I cannot do any extreme off road, ocasionally, maybe some easy to medium terrain with no problem? Any advice would help, I'm still a newbie. I did check my bottom and for sure it has the green sticker and says trac lock. But I know I am nowhere close to a true 4WD. And I know it's off the topic but, could the name of Liberty's came from that same green sticker KJ?

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now, that's correct about the difficulty of wheeling you can do. Get a lift, you can do a little harder stuff. But, be sure you get the essentials before you go: skids, recovery points and someone you can strap up to if/when you need it. As mentioned before, a locker for your rear would help you get through a bit more difficult terrain but, since it's only 2WD, don't expect to get over any of the "extreme" stuff.

Can I see a pic of this green sticker? I'm not sure what you mean about the name, "KJ." Don't think I have trac-lock on mine. Feels like an open diff to me but, I've never really investigated that much. Time to order up a build sheet, I guess.

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here it goes, the pics are sideways, thats my left inside tire on the top of the picture

Attachments

• IMG_1127 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1127 (Medium).JPG
    51 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1131 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1131 (Medium).JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 9

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that refers to the Chrysler rear differential (8.25) but, I never knew the KJ was on there. Never noticed that sticker, actually. Interesting.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what my sticker looks like too...minus the "Track Lock"... oh well. Indeed, the 8.25 is the Chrysler 8.25 corporate axle..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryan,
They are selling what's called Plate Cam, to go with this unit. I have seen it at circuit city and sort. They could be pricey, but instead you can buy the mirror, and back up cam separately, You would have to make all connections yourself, but would be cheaper. I assume you can grab a wireless cam that works with 9V battery on-board, which has on board transmitor OR again wired cam with 9V battery that has single RCA output and hook that to the mirror. I think x10 used to sell them, or you can check cyberguys.com.

Here is to get you started, add an inverter that works with the RUN position and feed power to receiver. And I am sure you are handy enough to hook this up to backup lights so that it comes on only when the back up light is on, something like that.. Maybe you don't need tha backup light setup, just gotta press "source" on the mirror.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: