New member introduction!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Finally found myself a good forums for a Liberty! It's about time! Hung out on the JU.com forums for a bit, and the LOSTkj forums for a bit, but both of those are dead!

Picked up a 2006 Liberty Sport about 9 months ago before I took off to Afghanistan. Picked it up for about 13,000 with 79000 miles. It's almost fully loaded, color is Khaki. It has been awesome so far, my wife loves it (it's for her anyway, I've got a built 1977 BMW 320i)

Not new to Jeeps, had a 1995 Grand Cherokee for about 7 years, and done a lot of work on my buddies 89 Cherokee also.

Originally from Oregon, did a lot of wheeling up there. Wife is from Moab, so I'm looking forward to taking the Libby out there and playing around a bit.

Anyway, I'll be having plenty of questions about who knows what, now on to the pics!

The KJ:
You must be registered for see images attach

And the old ZJ (31s, Borla header, flowmaster exhaust, K&N, lots of other stuff)

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! That is a nice looking KJ (and ZJ as well)

Looking at your picture it appears that your Liberty is actually one of the rare Special Editions (Which would still be Vin'd as a Sport)

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes you think it is a special edition? And how can I find that out?

And yah, I really miss that ZJ. I really want to buy another one, but I've got to finish my 77 BMW build, and buy an E46 M3 before I build another ZJ grrr.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes you think it is a special edition?

The fact that you have grey painted flares and fascias (instead of the textured un-painted grey of the Sport) the chrome body side moldings and roof rails (again normal Sports have the grey body-side moldings and black rails) and the graphite-accented wheels (normal Sports weren't accented)

And how can I find that out?

request a build-sheet from Jeep:

http://www.jeep.com/wccsapp/univers...orms/us/webform.jsp&promotion=null&category=U

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Nice KJ and I like the ZJ too. Get rid of the beemer and build another jeep......haha

Dave

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes you think it is a special edition?

According to the brochure the Sport Special Edition is a 2006 only model that takes the regular Sport and adds as standard:

Jeep Brochure said:
-210hp 3.7L V6 with standard Electronic Stability Program which includes ABS, Traction Control and Electronic Roll Mitigation

-Available in 2WD or with part-time Command-Trac 4WD System

-Dark Graphite Painted front and rear fascias and fender flares.**

-Choice of five exciting exterior colors (Black, Inferno Red, Atlantic Blue, Light Khaki, Bright Silver)

-16" Mechanica machined-face alloy wheels with Dark Slate accents on the wheel throats**

-Chrome Bodyside Moldings

-Chrome Roof Rails

-Fog Lamps

-Leather Wrapped Steering wheel with steering wheel-mounted speed controls

-Premium Infinity Sound System with six speakers

-In-dash six-disc CD player

-Spare Tire Cover

Items with ** are Exclusive to the Special Edition

I know we have a tleast one other Special Edition owner on the site : JeepINgeek

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the KJ has every option that is on that list except the spare tire cover. And I don't know how to tell if it has the rollover protection, but it does have the ESP button so if it's built into that then so be it!

Ditch the Bimmer? No way! I will get another Jeep soon enough. I may be snatching up my friends 89 XJ and turning that into a trail rig.

Pics of the 320i as requested: