New member, greetings y'all!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kristan Fury

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my jeep liberty since 04, she's a 4x4 sport 3.7L with tow package and I love her. The only thing I have ever replaced is the battery and the water pump, rear brakes. She's so good to me.

Anyways, I have a question about towing (who doesn't). I want to tow about 4900 lbs and have a question about WDH and the Sway bars. If I am not in a hurry and don't care how fast I go up hills, will this work? I also would only drive 55 or 60 on flats....this has got to work for me. What other equipment would you recommend? I was thinking things like suspension upgrades, etc. I just want my girl to be ok.

I am a travel nurse and I am tired of spending so much for living accommodations.

I would really appreciate some help here, I've heard folks go to the 5000 lb. max and even more!

Thanks so much,
Kristan

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The jeep can pull up to 5000 lbs based on equipped with HD cooling, clutch fan & electric fan/shroud installed.
The rear diff will then require a HD gear lube like Lucas 90w-140 dino. If your jeep has a trac-lok differential, a 4 oz bottle of Mopar Limited slip must be added to gear lube.
I personally would consider a max trailer weighing in at 4000lbs dry, which allows for your personal gear and water tank provisions etc.
Obviously a trailer brake controller has to be installed as well.
I installed a PML 42RLE aprox 1.25 quart over stock aluminum transmission pan, which helps keep it cooler as well.
With a heavy tongue weight the entire suspension is going to be needed.
My Jeep is lifted with 927 front -948 rear OME springs and I use a longer travel coil over shock in rear- Monroe 58649 Sensatrac for better load/ handling, some may even use air bags etc depending on tongue weights.
See lift section for further lift information.
What length of trailer are you considering?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya a longer wheel base and a more powerful V-8 would be by far a much better pulling option.

Kristan Fury

Reaction score
The jeep can pull up to 5000 lbs based on equipped with HD cooling, clutch fan & electric fan/shroud installed.
The rear diff will then require a HD gear lube like Lucas 90w-140 dino. If your jeep has a trac-lok differential, a 4 oz bottle of Mopar Limited slip must be added to gear lube.
I personally would consider a max trailer weighing in at 4000lbs dry, which allows for your personal gear and water tank provisions etc.
Obviously a trailer brake controller has to be installed as well.
I installed a PML 42RLE aprox 1.25 quart over stock aluminum transmission pan, which helps keep it cooler as well.
With a heavy tongue weight the entire suspension is going to be needed.
My Jeep is lifted with 927 front -948 rear OME springs and I use a longer travel coil over shock in rear- Monroe 58649 Sensatrac for better load/ handling, some may even use air bags etc depending on tongue weights.
See lift section for further lift information.
What length of trailer are you considering?

Hi, thanks for your reply. The trailer dry is 4100, 22 ft.