New Lib owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O4Jeep

Reaction score
Well I just recently baught a 2004 Liberty3.7L V6 but i don't know exactly which model it is. I don't think it is the sport cuz there is no sport tag anywhere on the truck. Its a 4x4 w/ the V6, power windows, locks, auto trans, factorty roof rack, cloth int. I just wondering if anyone could tell me which model this so that i can get some mods done here. I sold my old car that i have done quite a lot of mods to and would like to do the same here. Thanks to anyone who helps me out here. Oh, I love this truck, but ***** alot more gas than my old cavalier z24.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
u got a picture...?
what color are the fenders and the bumpers?
matching the body or unpainted...

welcome aboard

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the purchase.

Yeah... non-painted fenders... it would be a Sport. Painted, a Limited.

What 4x4 does it have? Command Trac (just part-time 4x4) or Selec-Trac (part-time and full-time).

Let us know if you have any questions.

Don't worry about the MPG. It's worth it! (biggrin)

O4Jeep

Reaction score
well the bumpers are painted and the fenders are unpainted. I should have some pics soon, been raining everyday since i baught here in chicago burbs, kinda sux.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
in any case...regardless of trim...it's all pretty much the same.....
u can put the same lift on a ltd and a sport....
same exhaust..and so on....

in most cases...it's just appearance differences....and hardly any mechanical...

some may just be standard on a ltd as opposed to it being an option for a sport....

on ur 4x4 lever....does it say 2-hi -> 4-hi -> 4-lo or 2-hi -> 4-FT -> 4-hi -> 4-lo ?

what would help too is if you silver trim accents on the interior

so mod wise....unless u have a manual ****** or the 4 ******....
it should fit right in

O4Jeep

Reaction score
Ok, its 2hi-4hi-n-4lo and all trim is unpainted. I appreciate evrybodys hlp on this. Also, is there anybody in the northwest suburbs that does any light wheeling or any kind of meets??? I would be interested in both, thanx.

pixeldzn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O4Jeep said:
Ok, its 2hi-4hi-n-4lo and all trim is unpainted. I appreciate evrybodys hlp on this. Also, is there anybody in the northwest suburbs that does any light wheeling or any kind of meets??? I would be interested in both, thanx.

yessir. pop on over here and introduce yourself:
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=08a9619001d0186413a71d3fe00e8f12

We make preety regular runs to this spot:
http://www.badlandsoffroad.com

Very fun place, stock or lifted!

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O4Jeep said:
Well I just recently baught a 2004 Liberty3.7L V6 but i don't know exactly which model it is. I don't think it is the sport cuz there is no sport tag anywhere on the truck.

Typically if it's a Sport, it says nothing. If it's a Renegade it says "Renegade", and if it's a limited it says "Limited". Other sub-models like the rocky mountain, freedom, etc probably have similar identifying badges. I don't think any KJ actually says "Sport" on it.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
it actually did....at least when they had the badging on the sides...but i am not sure if they still put it when they moved it on the rear gate..(04 models)

O4Jeep

Reaction score
ok thanks for everything, yea there are no identifying markings, but oh well, less for me to remove. I am located in Elgin, northwest suburb of Chicago.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats..............

Go to any dealer and give him the last 8 didgets of your vin# and ask for a "build sheet". They have a direct link to D/C and can print one out. It takes 30 seconds. It will print out everything that was on your KJ when it was built at the factory.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Dave said:
Congrats..............

Go to any dealer and give him the last 8 didgets of your vin# and ask for a "build sheet". They have a direct link to D/C and can print one out. It takes 30 seconds. It will print out everything that was on your KJ when it was built at the factory.

Yuo used to be able to get one by e-mailing them. Have they stopped doing that?

And to 04Jeep, I appologize for not welcoming you to the site in my earlier post. Might I also suggest you pop over to Jeep's website, enter in the last 7 or 8 digits (can't remember which) of your vin number under the "for owners, recalls" section and make sure your Jeep is up to date on any recalls.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
2003kj.....yea I'm sure you can also get one through the jeep website by e-mailing them. I had trouble with the site when I tried it but I'm sure it was just me. I drive by the dealer often so one day I stopped and asked. Just another optional way to do it. I think the dealer uses it if they need to check what factory options were on the jeep they are working on when it left the factory.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online