New kj rear bumper in the works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I'm not digging the holes

Everyone likes something a little bit different, I think though many will change their minds after they see front and rear bumpers matching and the overall look
But you know how it is, some like KJs / some like KKs / some like a Prius:shrug::happy175:

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone likes something a little bit different, I think though many will change their minds after they see front and rear bumpers matching and the overall look
But you know how it is, some like KJs / some like KKs / some like a Prius:shrug::happy175:

:happy175:This is true! I'm very curious as to how a "holy" front bumper would look!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
:happy175:This is true! I'm very curious as to how a "holy" front bumper would look!

Some bumper builders for full size trucks build bumpers for them with the holes as well. Just something new for the Jeep KJ crowd to see if you never venture into other sites. I'm always looking at Toyota, Ford, GM etc aftermarket manufactures to see what they are doing/ building/ etc to get ideas

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some bumper builders for full size trucks build bumpers for them with the holes as well. Just something new for the Jeep KJ crowd to see if you never venture into other sites. I'm always looking at Toyota, Ford, GM etc aftermarket manufactures to see what they are doing/ building/ etc to get ideas

The holes are good for weight reduction but I feel like they will add to the price due to the extra work needed. And yea I look at custom truck bumper builds on youtube to get some ideas for mine.

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question Tom, with the folks you are consulting with on the bumpers, roof rack and TJ bumper adapters, any thoughts of rock sliders too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Question Tom, with the folks you are consulting with on the bumpers, roof rack and TJ bumper adapters, any thoughts of rock sliders too?

Possibly, would like to, we'll see.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So any more comments / likes/ dislikes on the rear bumper?
I would like to get some more comments before we start getting them out there.
Holes along the bottom stay for sure, along the face they could be left off, other than that pretty much the way it is.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on the fence. Mostly becasue of the holes.. Part of me likes it but part doesn't. I think it plays down to the color of the KJ it's on. I don't think I'm a fan of that specific bumper on a silver KJ but trying to picture it in my head I think it would look nice on an all black one though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am on the fence. Mostly becasue of the holes.. Part of me likes it but part doesn't. I think it plays down to the color of the KJ it's on. I don't think I'm a fan of that specific bumper on a silver KJ but trying to picture it in my head I think it would look nice on an all black one though.

I could see some painting in behind a contrasting color , for example on a silver KJ, paint the bumper to match, then behind paint it black/red/purple what ever you want
Or black KJ with red behind to show through, all kinds of possibilities come in.
I have an idea to try when we get them up and going will see how it works out

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the holes on the face but then again it would make a good spot for more back up lights.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the holes on the face but then again it would make a good spot for more back up lights.

Thats why I'm thinking to leave the holes off the face if the customer wants.
Will be two options , one with all holes shown, one with holes only along the bottom
Then accessories ( tire swing etc )

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the design is awesome. Reminds me of a pre runner I had many moons ago. Would love to get one when available.

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, is there an update on when these might be available? I've been holding off on the front and rear bumper, and I think these would fit the bill. Keep us posted

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, is there an update on when these might be available? I've been holding off on the front and rear bumper, and I think these would fit the bill. Keep us posted

I'm hoping to get things rolling on these soon.
Couple of delays but moving forward

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Getting everything together , have to find the right places to make etc