New Jeep Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Mad Gasser

Reaction score
Howdy!

Last week my wife and I made our first vehicle purchase as a couple. Out of all of the vehicles we had on our list to test drive, we agreed on the first vehicle we drove and we became proud owners of a 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport. Besides having all of the items on our want list, plus more, we chose it for it's low miles. The Libby only had 50K in miles, had one owner, and from how it looked overall, was garage kept and well maintained. There are a few minor issues with it, but they are cosmetic and I will start the appropriate threads for them.

When it's not hot (which is often out here), I do enjoy camping and being in the outdoors. Other than that, I'm also a father of a 10 month old boy (who loves to fall asleep in the Jeep, BTW), a loving husband, Odd Fellow, and owner of my own graphic design studio (link in my profile).

The Mad Gasser

Reaction score
Thank you Leeann.

I should add that I have had prior experiences with Jeep Cherokees (family and work vehicles). We upgraded from a 02 Chevy Caviler that was on it's last leg (186K+ miles and a badly leaking gasket) to our Jeep. The baby was the main reason we upgraded to something bigger and something we could use for camping at state parks and such.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Welcome and Congrats! :D

My 05 is approaching 115k miles .. so ya.... you got a fresh one ;)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You made a great choice for a family vehicle that can handle the great outdoors as well. Have fun with it! :cheers:

The Mad Gasser

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I stepped away from this forum for a bit and next thing I knew, it's been a year. And what a year it's been!

As previously stated in another thread, I had an issue with the fog lamp cracking. This issue hasn't been fixed yet (due to money), but I have put a lot of time and money into the Libby on other parts.

I ended up replacing the front brakes as they started to grind, the back window (busted out by a rock), replaced the window regulator assembly on the driver's side, made a patch for the hole in the right tail light that some kid shot out with a BB gun while it sat at the dealership lot, replaced the visor clips as they were broken and wouldn't hold the visors in place, got a few spare tire covers from China via eBay, and finally the last thing I have done to the Jeep since we drove it home was pay it off.

Yes, today we received our tax return, then turned right around and gave it to the dealership. No more payments straining our account! Now time to save up to fix the fog lamps, possibly change out some interior bulbs to LED and hope nothing major happens in the meantime. I would like to put a renegade light bar on our sport so that we can use them when traveling in the back country. I don't want to give the impression that our Jeep is a 4x4, I'm just thinking safety for when we are traveling at night where there are no lights and plenty of deer and hog to watch out for.