new jeep owner! hello!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keen

Reaction score
hi all,
i just recently purchased my first jeep. its an 05 liberty sport, its white, 4x4 and a cool ride.

i have been googling things like maintanence (imma do it yourself kind dude)
and all searches have lead me here for the most part.

so i went ahead and joined the community.

so i plan on doing the front and rear axles as well as the t case fluids, mainly for peace of mind, and i cant seem to find the capacity of the diffs. do i just fill to 1/2 inch below fill hole like OM says? or is there a specified amnt?

not sure if it has the trac select or not so i gotta check before i do the fluid changes.

anywho... im a jeeper now and liking it thus far. lookin forward to talking and sharing info with all of you.

-joaquin

Tony

Reaction score
welcome man. im new here too. i actually had my libby for almost 6 years but never been off road except for the snow, its an awsome little truck imo. 110,000 miles and still runs like new. she served her duties as a daily driver now its time for some fun!

good luck in your searches.

keen

Reaction score
awesome. yeah i think this little brute and i are gonna follow a buddy of mine in his cj on a few beginner trails this summer. with the sierra nevada an hour away i think im in for some fun.

Tony

Reaction score
welcome to the club and the kj are like little tanks

yeah they are! after having my liberty i wont drive anything but jeep. just picked up an 09 wrangler x unlimited about a month ago, but still keepin the kj in the family ill never get rid of her

Tony

Reaction score
awesome. yeah i think this little brute and i are gonna follow a buddy of mine in his cj on a few beginner trails this summer. with the sierra nevada an hour away i think im in for some fun.

sounds like fun! we have a couple nice trails up here in the north east but nothing as serious as the west side fellas have. i watch all of the youtube vids at the duns and the canyons over there that looks like some good stuff!!

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keen,
Welcome, plenty of informative and friendly people on this forum. I have seen the capacities on this forum, can't rember where though. Just do a search and you will be sure to find it.

DJ

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello..
Here are the capacities and more..
FRONT DIFF: 1.25 LITRES GL5 75w-90
FRONT TRANSFER CASE USES 1.4 LITRES of ATF+4 Transmission FLUID
10MM ALLEN/HEX Plug can be replaced with NAPA BALKAMP PLUG.
Rear DIFF: 2-LITRES of GL5 75w-90 (75W-140 if towing) + MUST ADD :TRAC-LOK Chrysler friction modifier: Chrysler part # 4318060 if you have a Trac-Lok (limited slip)
Torque for the bolts are 30 ft/lbs rear diff.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I feel like a new owner again after not being with or driving it for 6 months.:gr_grin:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Keen.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.