New Hitch from HitchAnything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new hitch for the KJ. Mad props to the vendor...I ordered it Friday morning (7/20), and it was delivered today (7/23) by noon!

Pro Series Class III Hitch (Cequent, same company as Reese, HiddenHitch, Draw-Tite), was only $108 with free shipping.

Had to clean out the threads, but had it installed in no time after that. A bonus for me, we had a trailer wiring adapter from our Chrysler minivan that used the same plugs as the Jeep! So I'll even have lights for my trailer now! :)

Anyways, just had to share. I see folks asking about best place to buy a hitch, and while I have used etrailer.com in the past, their cheapest hitch was still $150-ish. And most junkyards still wanted $75 for a used one, no mounting hardware. So if you're looking for a deal, check 'em out!

http://www.hitchanything.com/2004-Jeep-Liberty-Pro-Series-51-Receiver-Class-III-51054.html

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was that a class III hitch? Good deal.

Dave

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, as promised...here's a few pics installed. Mind you, that's a 265/75R16 tire hanging off the spare carrier. It's tight, but works. I want to get a bigger drop for my hitch, which will help level the tongue of the trailer, plus give me some more mounting clearance.

You must be registered for see images attach

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. As I noted in the original comment...I had to get a tap and clean out the threads. They were pretty corroded and wouldn't even allow the bolts to start until I chased them with a tap and cleaned them out. That took longer than the rest of the install. Once they were cleaned out, I had it mounted in no time.

The wiring took a bit too, as the adapter I had had the correct connectors for the Jeep, but the wiring pinout was different due to it coming from our Town & Country van. I had to test each lead and move the pins in the connectors to get the lights working right. If you buy a wiring kit made for the Jeep, you shouldn't have that problem.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. As I noted in the original comment...I had to get a tap and clean out the threads. They were pretty corroded and wouldn't even allow the bolts to start until I chased them with a tap and cleaned them out. That took longer than the rest of the install. Once they were cleaned out, I had it mounted in no time.

The wiring took a bit too, as the adapter I had had the correct connectors for the Jeep, but the wiring pinout was different due to it coming from our Town & Country van. I had to test each lead and move the pins in the connectors to get the lights working right. If you buy a wiring kit made for the Jeep, you shouldn't have that problem.

I'm thinking of only using it for recovery purposes (because this costs just a little bit more than the rear hook itself...). Is it sturdy? I probably won't need the wiring.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of only using it for recovery purposes (because this costs just a little bit more than the rear hook itself...). Is it sturdy? I probably won't need the wiring.

It's a class III hitch. It's about as sturdy as a hitch gets. :)

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After last weekend's wheeling adventure, I decided I needed a hitch as well. I found a class III hitch on Amazon for $108 shipped. Maybe it's the same hitch as yours. No wiring with it, but like dude, I only plan to use it for recovery purposes. I can get wiring later if I change my mind.