New Here :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepGirl96

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals!

Well to start off my name is Amber and I just bought a 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4, TrailRated and I love it!

Ive owned Jeeps for awhile now, currently I have a 1980 Wagoneer and a 60s Willys Wagon(built for rock crawling purposes only). I used to own a 1996 Jeep Cherokee that was my baby but had to get rid of her due to a blown motor, rust, etc...I didnt think anything would be able to replace my XJ until I bought my KK.

Awhile back I rented a Liberty to go to Cali and loved it, so when I sold my XJ and got my taxes back I went out and bought one.

Being new to Libertys I do have a couple of questions:
Whats the stock gearing in the newer Libertys? Stock height?(Im wondering because mine seems to sit higher than the ones I've seen here).

Any other useful tips or info about/on my KK would be greatly welcomed :)

Look forward to meeting some fellow owners!

JeepGirl96

Reaction score
Heres some pics of the Wagoneer, Willys and XJ

You must be registered for see images attach

And the KK

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals!

Well to start off my name is Amber and I just bought a 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4, TrailRated and I love it!

Ive owned Jeeps for awhile now, currently I have a 1980 Wagoneer and a 60s Willys Wagon(built for rock crawling purposes only). I used to own a 1996 Jeep Cherokee that was my baby but had to get rid of her due to a blown motor, rust, etc...I didnt think anything would be able to replace my XJ until I bought my KK.

Awhile back I rented a Liberty to go to Cali and loved it, so when I sold my XJ and got my taxes back I went out and bought one.

Being new to Libertys I do have a couple of questions:
Whats the stock gearing in the newer Libertys? Stock height?(Im wondering because mine seems to sit higher than the ones I've seen here).

Any other useful tips or info about/on my KK would be greatly welcomed :)

Look forward to meeting some fellow owners!

Welcome! You'll love the KK. Very capable, yet definitely more civilized than the XJ (coming from a former XJ owner who loved that too). Great photos! The classic jeeps are awesome.

The stock height is about 19 inches from the center of the wheel to the fender. My '08 has sagged to about 18 (that is until today!!! It's in the shop getting lifted 4 inches as we speak). The gear ratio is 3.73 for the automatic, which is the only transmission offered in '10. The only other suggestion I would make is to check out LOSTJEEPS.com as well. There is a ton of KK knowledge over there. Again, congrats on the new KK!

JeepGirl96

Reaction score
Thanks! So far I love it :)

Been looking into lifting it, bigger tires, front and rear bumpers, lockers, etc....any good sites for that? Its not as easy to find parts for these lol

teckn9ne

Reaction score
welcome to the forums very nice pics.Jeepinbyal.com is who most KK owners go through including myself for lifts llockers etc very friendly and prices are very reasonable ton of knowledge on this forum and lost.And enjoy your new liberty.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! So far I love it :)

Been looking into lifting it, bigger tires, front and rear bumpers, lockers, etc....any good sites for that? Its not as easy to find parts for these lol

Lifts: Yes, there are both good and bad lift kits out there. LOST has a great deal of information on lift kits and tires. Basically it boils down to this:
- Avoid spacer lifts like the plague. They sag your springs and ride rough and you'll rue the day you installed them until you replace them with a real spring lift.
- Avoid RRO, RK, Daystar, etc. Bad customer service, poor quality components.
- There are 3 good lift options for the KK: OME (Old Man Emu), Ironman, and JBA (Jeepin By Al). jeepinbyal.com sells all 3. JBA also sells lockers and other accessories.
- Tommudd knows all. Listen to his advice! :icon_razz: He has put together a hybrid kit that JBA sells on their website, which is the most quality lift for least dollars.

Biggest tires: 245/75/R16 on 2 inch lift, 265/75/R16 on 4 inch lift (although you will need to regear to 4.10's with the 265's). Cooper AT/3's and Goodyear Duratracs seem to be the favorites these days.

Bumpers, sliders, and roof racks: Check out rocklizardfabrications.com, as well as posts by Atthehelm. Atthehelm has his own design and custom fabricates them. JCR Offroad (boulderbars.com) also makes nice sliders.

JeepGirl96

Reaction score
welcome to the forums very nice pics.Jeepinbyal.com is who most KK owners go through including myself for lifts llockers etc very friendly and prices are very reasonable ton of knowledge on this forum and lost.And enjoy your new liberty.

Lifts: Yes, there are both good and bad lift kits out there. LOST has a great deal of information on lift kits and tires. Basically it boils down to this:
- Avoid spacer lifts like the plague. They sag your springs and ride rough and you'll rue the day you installed them until you replace them with a real spring lift.
- Avoid RRO, RK, Daystar, etc. Bad customer service, poor quality components.
- There are 3 good lift options for the KK: OME (Old Man Emu), Ironman, and JBA (Jeepin By Al). jeepinbyal.com sells all 3. JBA also sells lockers and other accessories.
- Tommudd knows all. Listen to his advice! :icon_razz: He has put together a hybrid kit that JBA sells on their website, which is the most quality lift for least dollars.

Biggest tires: 245/75/R16 on 2 inch lift, 265/75/R16 on 4 inch lift (although you will need to regear to 4.10's with the 265's). Cooper AT/3's and Goodyear Duratracs seem to be the favorites these days.

Bumpers, sliders, and roof racks: Check out rocklizardfabrications.com, as well as posts by Atthehelm. Atthehelm has his own design and custom fabricates them. JCR Offroad (boulderbars.com) also makes nice sliders.

Thanks guys! I'll look into the lifts, etc...it wont be for awhile since im in the process of building my Wagoneer to be a rock crawler/DD lol

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice Jeeps, and welcome. I see you're already getting info here.

Dave

teckn9ne

Reaction score
The suspension and stock tires are the only major down fall on the liberty.Replace tires as asap they are dangerous in wet weather.

JeepGirl96

Reaction score
The suspension and tires are the only major down fall on the liberty.Replace tires as asap they are dangerous in wet weather.

When I bought it from the dealership they already replaced the tires with new Wranglers

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Welcome...

as long as they are not Wrangler ST's your alright... for now. Otherwise careful on the skinny pedal. :D

Last edited:

teckn9ne

Reaction score
The stock were goodyear wrangler ST even new they are junk tires mine were new when bought my 2010 and my TC went nuts when was wet out and always having lock 4x4.

Last edited:

JeepGirl96

Reaction score
Welcome...

as long as they are not Wrangler ST's your alright... for now. Otherwise careful on the skinny pedal. :D

Lol, damn I have a lead foot ;)

Its ok, I'll be upgrading the tires and wheels here soon

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Me too ... that's how I found out!

During the first week I had her (brand new dealer installed ST's) ... making a left at an intersection.. in the rain. Gave her a little too much gas ... Weeeeeeeeee! Thankfully I could correct before going all the way around but ya... not fun!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.